Scott A. Andresen
Top rated entertainment & sports attorney in East Dundee, IllinoisAndresen & Associates, P.C.
Practice Areas: Entertainment & sports, Business & corporate, Intellectual property
Licensed in Illinois since: 1999
Education: Valparaiso University School of Law
Scott A. Andresen is the founder of Andresen & Associates, P.C., a Chicago-based law firm with an office in East Dundee that has focused its offerings in the areas of sports law, entertainment and the arts, and intellectual property since 2005. The firm also has a strong focus in the startup, entrepreneur and corporate spaces, addressing the legal needs of new, emerging and established business owners.
Prior to founding Andresen & Associates, Scott served as in-house legal counsel for the Arena Football League. He also worked for the legal department of the Oakland Raiders, and served as Legal Assistant to the Executive Director of the Illinois High School Association. Scott earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, his Doctor of Jurisprudence at the Valparaiso University School of Law, and his Masters of Business Administration from the University of Phoenix. Scott also studied at Cambridge University in England under former United States Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg.
When he is not practicing, Scott is a sports law instructor in Northwestern University’s Masters of Sports Administration program. He also provides legal insight and commentary on sports law and sports business topics to national television, radio, print and online media outlets, including the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times, Tampa Bay Tribune, Seattle Tribune, Reuters, Associated Press, Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, Bleacher Report, ESPN.com, VICE.com, Huffington Post, Courthouse News Service and AskMen.com.
Scott’s ardor and tenaciousness has resulted in him being spotlighted by his peers and the media. He is a five-time recipient of the coveted “Super Lawyer” designation in 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 (awarded to the top 5% of attorneys in a practice area), and a three-time recipient of the “Rising Star” designation (awarded to the top 2.5% of attorneys under the age of 40 in a practice area), by Super Lawyers in the Entertainment and Sports practice areas. Scott also has a perfect 10.0 rating by Avvo.com, as well as a number of other outlets, based on reviews from his peers and clients.
First Admitted: 1999, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.andresenlawfirm.com/
- Please see: PUBLICATIONS at https://www.avvo.com/attorneys/60118-il-scott-andresen-1143520.html
- Speaking Engagements: Speaker or symposium panelist at events hosted by Sports Lawyers Association, American Bar Association, Chicago Bar Association, Milwaukee Bar Association, Duke University School of Law, Marquette University Law School/National Sports Law Institute, University of Illinois College of Law, University of Illinois (Graduate) School of Labor and Employment Relations, DePaul University College of Law, John Marshall Law School, Chicago-Kent College of Law, Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Oklahoma City School of Law, Valparaiso University School of Law, Charleston School of Law, Chapman University Fowler School of Law, Southwestern Law School, Loyola (Los Angeles) Law School, University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, University of Mississippi School of Law, Sport Financial Advisors Association, Sports Event Marketing Experience (SEME) and National Business Institute.
- Teaching/Faculty Appointments: Northwestern University, Professor in the graduate Masters of Arts in Sports Administration Program teaching Legal and Ethic Issues of Sports Management (Current); Columbia College-Chicago, Professor in the undergraduate Arts & Entertainment Media Management Program teaching Sports Law I, Business of Professional Sports, Introduction to Marketing the Arts and Labor Relations; Academie du Management des Organisations Sportives (France), Lecturer, United States Summer Program teaching Sports Law in the United States.
- United States Supreme Court (2003); United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit (2003); United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois (1999); United States District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin (2015); Illinois State Bar (1999)
- Lawyers for the Creative Arts, Pro Bono Legal Services Volunteer; Chicago Bar Association, Practice Tracks Program, Lawyer Referral Service and Call-A-Lawyer Program; Point of Hope- A Deron Williams Foundation, Event Committee, Illini Hoop Legends for Charity; Chicago 2016/ World Sport Chicago, Volunteer; National MS Society ("Super 200" Fundraiser for 2010 MS Walk); The Council of Chiefs NFP, Pro Bono Legal Counsel; Future Superstars NFP, Pro Bono Legal Counsel; Spark the Hope Foundation, Volunteer Board Member
- SPORTS LAWYERS ASSOCIATION
- AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION; ABA Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industries
- CHICAGO BAR ASSOCIATION: 7x Chair of Sports Law Committee -and- 5x Chair of Lawyer Referral Service Committee
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (BA, 1995); Valparaiso University School of Law (JD, 1999); University of Phoenix (MBA, 2004)
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2012