Top Rated Employment Litigation Attorney in Elmhurst, IL
The co-founder of O'Connor | O'Connor, P.C., Kevin O'Connor focuses his practice exclusively on labor and employment law matters. Working out of the firm's office in Elmhurst, Illinois, he provides representation to his individual and business clients in the greater Chicago metropolitan area and throughout the state. Admitted to practice before all Illinois state courts since 2009, Mr. O'Connor is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (both general and trial bars) and before the U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois.
In his practice, Mr. O'Connor provides advice and counsel to both employees and companies. He helps current, prospective and former employees with a variety of matters. Mr. O'Connor's experience in this regard has included discrimination that is prohibited by a variety of federal and state laws, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Illinois Human Rights Act. He has also handled cases involving wage and hour violations governed by the Fair Labor Standards Act as well as Family and Medical Leave Act disputes. A forceful courtroom advocate when litigation is necessary, he has also been able to obtain favorable results for his clients through negotiated settlements. For his employer clients, Mr. O'Connor provides defense representation when they are facing similar claims, and he also assists with the preparation and review of employee manuals.
Mr. O'Connor is a 2006 graduate of Bradley University, where he majored in both political science and Spanish and received dual bachelor’s degrees magna cum laude. He then went on to pursue his legal education at the Northern Illinois University College of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor cum laude in 2009.
- 30%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 40%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 20%Employment Litigation: Defense
- 10%Employment & Labor: Employer
Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Employment Law - Employer, Unions, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Labor Law
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2023
About Kevin O'Connor
First Admitted: 2009, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://oconnoroconnor.com/about-us/
- Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois, Bachelor’s degrees in both Political Science and Spanish, Magna Cum Laude
- State of Illinois
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- Admitted to the general bar of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Admitted to the trial bar of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th
- Admitted to the general bar of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- Member, DuPage County Bar Association (DCBA)
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA)
- Member, National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)
Last Updated: 5/15/2022