Richard F. Blass
Top rated criminal defense attorney in Elmhurst, IllinoisRichard F. Blass & Associates, L.L.C.
Attorney Richard F. Blass is the founder and owner of Richard F. Blass & Associates, LLC, which has law offices in Elmhurst, Illinois, and throughout the greater Chicago metro region. A highly rated trial attorney with over 15 years of legal experience, Mr. Blass represents the rights and interests of clients throughout DuPage, Cook, Will and Lake counties who stand accused of or are under investigation for virtually any type of felony or misdemeanor offense.
As a criminal defense attorney, Mr. Blass brings a unique skill set to those he serves, and he provides invaluable insight into the criminal justice system borne from his extensive background in law enforcement. A former special prosecutor with the Cook County State's Attorney's Office, Mr. Blass led a successful career in law enforcement, serving with the Bellwood Police Department for more than 20 years before retiring as deputy chief of police.
Passionate about the law, Mr. Blass has earned a reputation as a tenacious trial lawyer who aggressively pursues the most favorable outcomes possible on behalf of his clients to help them achieve the justice they seek. Personable and responsive, he remains accessible to his clients throughout all legal proceedings to address their questions and concerns as they arise while providing regular updates as to the statuses of their cases.
After receiving his undergraduate degree from Lewis University, Mr. Blass earned his Master of Business Administration from Dominican University. From there, he attended The John Marshall Law School in Chicago, obtaining his Juris Doctor in 2003. The Illinois State Bar Association admitted him to practice that same year, and he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Active in his legal profession, he is a member of The Chicago Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association and the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, among his other professional affiliations.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Employment & labor: employee, State, local & municipal
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Sex offenses, Theft, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence, Employment law - employee, Unions, Wage & hour laws, Labor law, State, local & municipal litigation
- 50% Criminal defense
- 40% Employment & labor: employee
- 10% State, local & municipal
First Admitted: 2003, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.blass-law.com/About/Richard-F-Blass.shtml
- Illinois Council of Police Bulletin, November 2006
- Lewis University
- Northwestern University School of Police Staff & Command, 2007
- Dominican University, River Forest, Illinois, M.B.A., 2001
- High Academic Achievement, Lewis University, College of Business, 1998
- Who's Who Among Students in American Colleges & Universities, The John Marshall Law School, 2002
- Chicago Bar Association, 2003
- Sustaining Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, 2003
- International Association of Chiefs of Police, 2007
- United States Supreme Court
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, 2006
- Illinois Association of Chiefs of Police, 2007
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2003
Office location for Richard F. Blass
770 North Church Road
Elmhurst, IL 60126-1426
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2013