Attorney John Randal Kopp is the founder of Kopp Law in Geneva, Illinois. Mr. Kopp practices criminal defense law, handling matters involving domestic battery, drug charges, DUI, felonies and traffic violations. He is an aggressive litigator and committed to protecting the rights of Illinois residents who have been charged with a crime. He serves clients in Cook, DuPage, Kane and Kendall counties.
Over the course of more than 10 years in practice, Mr. Kopp has successfully defended clients against a variety of criminal charges. Several groups have recognized his accomplishments, including the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys, the American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys, the American Society of Legal Advocates, the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys and The National Trial Lawyers.
Outside of the office, Mr. Kopp stays active in the legal community through membership in various organizations. He is a member of the Kane County Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association, the Southwest Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys.
Originally from Aurora, Illinois, Mr. Kopp earned a bachelor’s degree in communications from Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He received his law degree from Chicago’s John Marshall Law School. He obtained his license to practice law in 2008, which qualified him to appear before all Illinois state courts.
Before founding his criminal defense firm, Mr. Kopp served as a prosecutor for the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office. This experience provided him with knowledge of many aspects of police investigations, an asset in his criminal defense practice.
Practice areasCriminal defense: DUI/DWI, Criminal defense
DUI/DWI, Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, False accusations, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Prosecution, Sex offenses, Theft, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence
- 50% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
- 50% Criminal defense
First Admitted: 2009, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.kopplawoffice.com/attorney/john-r-kopp/
- American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys
- Southwest Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Kane County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Top 10 under 40, National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Top 40 under 40 for Criminal Defense Law, National Trial Lawyers
- 10 Best Attorneys Selection for Illinois, American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys
- 10 Best Attorneys Selection for Illinois, American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
- Top 40 under 40 for Criminal Defense Law, The American Society of Legal Advocates
- Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Major: Communications
Office location for John Randal Kopp
422 W. State St.
Geneva, IL 60134
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2023