Robert M. Foote
Top Rated Class Action & Mass Torts Attorney in Geneva, IL
Robert M. Foote is an attorney with Foote, Mielke, Chavez & O’Neil, LLC, who devotes all his practice to litigation and class-action litigation. Admitted to practice in both Wisconsin and Illinois, he has secured over a billion dollars for clients throughout his 30-year career and has hundreds of bench and jury trials credited to him.
Coming from a long line of attorneys, Mr. Foote earned a Bachelor of Arts in 1976, graduating cum laude from Harvard University, then obtained a Juris Doctor in 1979 from the University of Wisconsin Law School. A regular lecturer, he speaks on topics of damage issues in litigation, discovery issues in litigation, product defect and products liability litigation, personal injury litigation, complex commercial litigation and class-action litigation.
Mr. Foote has published works for West Suburban Living and is a member of many professional organizations. These include the American Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association, the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, the Kane County Bar Association and the American Association for Justice. He was also a member of the board of managers for the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association.
A natural leader, Mr. Foote was lead counsel in a $58 million consumer claims case and co-lead counsel in a case that benefitted the families of the 9/11 attacks, resulting in $6 billion for them. He was also lead counsel in an insurance dispute case against Allstate, which resulted in a $30 million settlement for his clients.
About Robert M. Foote
First Admitted: 1979, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.fmcolaw.com/team/robert-m-foote/
- In Re Insurance Brokerage Antitrust Litigation, MDL No. 1663, Civ. No. 04-518(FSH) (D.N.J.), Court-Appointed Executive Committee
- Lead Class Counsel, Lee v. Allstate, Case No. 03-LK-127 (Ill. Cir. Ct.)
- In Re Managed Care Litigation, MDL No. 1334, Case No. 04-CV-21589 (M.D. Fla.), Steering Committee
- In Re Text Messaging Antitrust Litigation, MDL No. 1997, No. 08-CV-7082 (N.D. Ill.), Steering Committee
- Lead Counsel, Tipsword v. I.F.D.A. Services, Inc., et al., Case No. 09-CV-00390(GPM) (S.D. Ill.)
- Co-Lead Counsel, Havlish v. bin Laden, Case No. 03-MDL- 1570 (S.D. NY), September 11, 2001
- Class Counsel, Westgate Ford Truck Sales v. Ford Motor Company, Case No. 02-CV-483526 (Ohio Cir. Ct.)
- American Bar Association, Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member, Board of Manager
- Kane County Bar Association, Past Director
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Kane County Bar Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Wisconsin, 1986
- Illinois, 1979
- "Legal Oros other Lawyers Would Call if They need any Special Help", West Suburban Living, January/February, 2004
- "Raising the Bar"
- Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, B.A., cum laude - 1976
Last Updated: 7/14/2022