Thomas W. Dillon
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Geneva, IllinoisKonicek & Dillon, PC
Thomas W. Dillon has offices in Chicago and Geneva, Illinois. Providing representation to clients throughout Illinois, he focuses his practice on personal injury litigation, helping people who have been harmed by the negligence of others in nursing home neglect and abuse, commercial vehicle crashes, professional liability, and wrongful death claims.
Tom attended Northern Illinois University and received a Bachelor of Arts in public law in 1986. He continued his legal education at Northern Illinois University in graduate school and in the College of Law, where he was named to the dean's list. He was awarded his Juris Doctor and admitted to practice in Illinois in 1991. Mr. Dillon is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois. He has handled matters in numerous states and multiple federal courts around the country. He is frequently asked to speak before bar associations and attorney groups on ethics, professional liability, nursing home litigation, and advocacy.
Tom’s practice is client-focused, emphasizing the client’s objectives at every stage. He takes unique approaches to cases, often finding success in cases other lawyers declined.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Professional Liability: Plaintiff
Legal Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 90% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Professional Liability: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1991, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.konicekdillonlaw.com/attorney/dillon-thomas-w/
- American Association for Justice
- Member, Leading Lawyers Network
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 1996
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Past Chair, Kane County Bar Association Ethics and Professionalism Committees
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1991
- Member, Kane County Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Illinois, 1991
- Supreme Court Rule 213, DuPage Bar Brief, 1999
- Legal Malpractice Liability After Settlement, DuPage Bar Brief, 2000
- Legal Malpractice and the Failure to Advise Clients of Third-Party Claims, Trial Journal of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Summer, 2002
- Who Knows Where Malpractice Lurks?, Trial Journal of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Winter, 2004
- Legal Malpractice Can Lurk In Subtleties, Trial, March, 2004
- Wrongful Death Caused by a Truck: It's Not Your Ordinary Car Accident Case, Publication Pending, 2006
- Invited Speaker, Illinois State Bar Association, Illinois State Bar Association Mutual Insurance Company, Minnesota Lawyers Mutual Insurance Company, the American Association for Justice (AAJ), the Association of Transportation Law Professionals, and the Workers Compensation Lawyers Association, Ltd
- Northern Illinois University, De Kalb, IL, B.A. in Public Law, 1986
Office location for Thomas W. Dillon
21 West State Street
Geneva, IL 60134
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2024