Phillip H. Hamilton
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Godfrey, IL
Attorney Phillip H. Hamilton is a shareholder at Farrell, Hamilton & Julian, P.C., in Godfrey, Illinois. Mr. Hamilton practices litigation involving business disputes including bankruptcy, real estate, and probate. He represents plaintiff and defendants. He also handles, business and estate planning, real estate, and tax law. He has over 30 years of experience and represents clients in the St. Louis metropolitan area (Madison County, St. Clair County, and nearby counties).
In addition to traditional litigation, Mr. Hamilton practices alternative dispute resolution methods such as arbitration and mediation. Over the course of his career, he has helped numerous clients resolve their legal disputes through these methods. In 2009, he became a commercial panel member of the American Arbitration Association.
Along with being a practicing attorney, Mr. Hamilton is a certified public accountant in Illinois and an author of articles appearing in publications including the Illinois Bar Journal. His overall credentials allow him to provide exceptional and efficient legal services to his clients.
Mr. Hamilton is a graduate of the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan, where he received a bachelor’s degree in general studies. He earned his law degree from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law in Dallas Texas. He holds a license to practice law in Illinois and Missouri, as well as before several federal and appellate courts, the U.S. Tax Court and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Outside of his law practice, Mr. Hamilton is a valuable member of his legal and professional communities. He belongs to the Illinois State Bar Association and The Missouri Bar and has served as director of the Rotary Club of Alton-Godfrey.
- 20%Business Litigation
- 10%Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 10%Estate Planning & Probate
- 10%Real Estate: Business
- 10%Real Estate: Consumer
Contracts, Business Organizations, Arbitration, Tax Law
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
About Phillip H. Hamilton
First Admitted: 1989, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.fhhjpc.com/attorney/phillip-h-hamilton/
- American Arbitration Association (commercial panel)
- Illinois Bar Association, Member
- Missouri Bar Association, Member
- Alton-Godfrey Rotary Club, Past Director, 1996 - 1999
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2009
- U.S. Tax Court, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1990
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 1990
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 1990
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 1989
- Illinois, 1989
- Missouri bar, 1990
- Fisher v. Commissioner, 96 T.C.M. 339, 2008, Tax Ct.
- American Business Brokers, Inc. v. Ayers Oil Co., 2010 WL 2990113 , 2010, E.D. Mo.
- In re: Addison, 396 B.R. 735, 2008, Bankr. S.D. Ill.
- Boyd v. Phoenix Funding Corp., 366 F.3d 524, 2004, 7th Cir.
- In re: Waterman, 248 B.R. 567, 2000, Bankr. E.D. Mo.
- Stillwell v. United States, 1997 WL 1038204, 1998, S.D. Ill., 1998195465
- Janice L. Morris v. Commissioner, 72 T.C.M. 1042, 1996, Tax Ct.
- Southern Illinois Medical Business Associates v. Camillo, 567 N.E.2d 74, 1991, Ill. App. Ct. - 5th Dist.
- Jacob v. C&M Video, Inc., 618 N.E.2d 1267, 1993, Ill. App. Ct. - 5th Dist.
- Marco v. Doherty, 657 N.E.2d 1165, 1995, Ill. App. Ct. - 5th Dist.
- In re Application of County Treasurer, 78 N.E.3d 650, 2017, IL App (4th) 160707
- Exclusion in Bankruptcy of Qualified Retirement Plans in Illinois, Illinois Bar Journal, February, 1992
- Juror No. 10, Attorney At Law, Illinois Bar Journal, June, 2010; reprinted in The Missouri Trial Attorney, Fall 2010
- Opportunities Still Abound to File Chapter 7 in the Wake of BAPCPA, Aspatore, Chapter 7 Consumer Bankruptcy Strategies, 2010 Ed.
- Certified Public Accountant, State of Illinois, 1989
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, B.G.S. in General Studies, 1986
Last Updated: 5/15/2022