Mikal J. Stole
Top rated Family Law attorney in Joliet, IllinoisReich, Jumbeck, Stole & Reeb, LLP
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in Illinois since: 2005
Education: The John Marshall Law School
Reich, Jumbeck, Stole & Reeb, LLP60 N Chicago St
Joliet, IL 60432 Visit website
Mikal J. Stole is an attorney at Reich, Jumbeck, Stole & Reeb, in Joliet, Illinois. Mr. Stole focuses his practice on family law and serves clients throughout Will County, Illinois. He handles cases involving divorce, high net worth and business related divorce, child support, parenting matters, prenuptial agreements and other family law issues.
Over his more than 15 years in practice, Mr. Stole has helped and supported many Illinois residents as they have resolved their unique family law issues. He understands that the family law process is complicated and guides his clients each step of the way, always working with their best interests in mind.
When negotiation is not possible, Mr. Stole is ready and able to fight for his clients in a courtroom. In addition to representing private parties, he serves as a guardian ad litem, representing the best interests of the children involved in family law proceedings.
Mr. Stole regularly lectures on family law topics such as contempt of court, ethics and guardian ad litem matters at continuing legal education seminars. He holds several leadership roles in the Will County Bar Association, serving as chair of the Family Committee and the parenting class program, as well as on the Board of Directors. He also serves on the Will County domestic relations local court rules committee.
After graduating from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign with a bachelor’s degree, Mr. Stole earned his law degree from Chicago’s John Marshall Law School, now known as the University of Illinois Chicago School of Law. He is licensed to practice law before the state courts of Illinois and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Marital Property, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2005, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.rj-law.com/attorney/mikal-j-stole/
- Testified at a Public Hearing Special Illinois House Committee on Redistricting, 2011
- Illinois State Representative Anthony DeLuca’s Economic Development Advisory Committee, 2010-2013
- , Avvo Top Rated Attorney, 2016 – Present
- In re Marriage of Sanfratello, 393 Ill. App. 3d 641 (1st Dist. 2009); In re Marriage of Carlson-Urbanczyk, 2013 Ill. App. (3d) 120731; In re Marriage of Pavek, 2013 IL App (3d) 120047-U; In re Marriage of Dorfman, 2011 IL App (3d) 110099; In re Marriage of Gilbert, 2019 IL App (3d) 180116-U; In re Marriage of Hluska, 2011 IL App (1st) 092636; In re Marriage of Kaczor, 2014 IL App (3d) 130531; In re Marriage of Vargo, 2014 IL App (5th) 140012-U
- In re Marriage of Carlson-Urbanczyk, 2013 Ill. App. (3d) 120731, 2013
- In re Marriage of Sanfratello, 393 Ill. App. 3d 641 (1st Dist. 2009)
- Presenter/Faculty at Will County Bar Association, Family Law Committee Seminar, “Allocation of Uncommon and Unusual Asset Pursuant to 750 ILCS 5/503”, 2019
- Speaker at Will County Bar Association, Family Law Committee Seminar, “2009-2010 Appellate Caselaw Update”, 2010
- Speaker at Will County Bar Association, Family Law Committee Seminar, “2010-2011 Appellate Caselaw Update”, 2011
- Speaker at Will County Bar Association, GAL Committee Seminar, “Caselaw Defining and Impacting the GAL’s Role”, 2011
- Speaker at Will County Bar Association Ethics Seminar, “Illinois State Bar Association Advisory Ethics Opinions in 2011-2012”, 2012
- Speaker at Will County Bar Association, GAL Committee Seminar, “Proposed Changes to Proposed Changes to Part IV of IMDMA pursuant to HB 1452”, 2013
- Presenter/Faculty at Will County Bar Association, Family Law Committee Seminar “Principals of Contempt”, 2014
- Presenter/Faculty at Will County Bar Association, Family Law Committee Seminar “Legislative Overhaul of Child Support Statute”, 2016
- Presenter/Faculty at Will County Bar Association, GAL Committee Seminar, “Implications of Legislative Revisions to 750 ILCS 5/600 et. Seq.”, 2016
- Presenter/Faculty at Will County Bar Association, Family Law Committee Seminar, “Help My Spouse is a Narcissist”, 2019
- State of Illinois, 2005
- Will County Bar Association Board of Directors, 2017 – Present
- U.S. District Court of the Northern District of Illinois, 2018
- Will County Bar Association Family Law Committee Chairperson, 2010 – Present
- Will County Domestic Relations Local Court Rules Committee 2019 – Present
- Village Trustee, Lansing Illinois, 2009-2017
- Will County Bar Association Parenting Class Program Chairperson, 2020-Present
- Will County Legal Assistance Program providing pro-bono services to low income or receiving disability.
- Will County Legal Assistance Program for Pro-Bono Services
- Will County Law Student Extern Program, Attorney for Student Shadow
- Will County Law Student Extern Program, Faculty Member
- Assisted self-represented litigants as "friend of the Court" during Pro-Se Day in Judge Archambault family law courtroom in Will County Illinois
- University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, B.L.A., English , 2002
- IRMO WHITE - Will County Court and Third District Appellate Court - Successful in modifying a father's parenting time attain equal parenting time - https://ilcourtsaudio.blob.core.windows.net/antilles-resources/resources/d758b5ee-18ff-41ac-aace-84e893a5ba91/In%20re%20Marriage%20of%20White,%202022%20IL%20App%20(3d)%20200543-U.pdf, 2022
Office location for Mikal J. Stole
60 N Chicago St
Joliet, IL 60432
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
These comments were made by fellow attorneys during the annual nomination process.
“Mikal is an outstanding family law attorney. He keeps his clients' best interest at the forefront of his practice, and is a leader in the Joliet legal community. ”