Amanda G. Highlander
Top rated Family Law attorney in Maryville, IllinoisMitchell Highlander, LLC
Amanda G. Highlander represents clients in a wide range of domestic relations and family law matters, from allocations and modification to dissolutions and adoptions. As a parent and spouse, Amanda understands the importance of the issues clients are facing when they seek legal counsel.
She is always focused on obtaining the best outcome possible for her clients whether that is through negotiating a settlement or taking a case to trial. Amanda also serves as a mediator for parenting allocation matters in Madison County.
She earned her undergraduate degree from Vanderbilt University (2006) and her Juris Doctorate from Washington University in St. Louis School of Law (2010). Amanda is admitted to the bars of Missouri (2010) and Illinois (2011).
Amanda serves the Illinois State Bar Association as a Governor of the Board, the Ex-Officio of the Child Law Section Council, and a member of the Scope and Correlation Committee. She is also Silver Fellow with Illinois Bar Foundation and is a member of the inaugural class of the Illinois State Bar Association Leadership Academy.
Amanda is proud to serve on the Board of Directors for the Girl Scouts of Southern Illinois and volunteers with her daughter’s Girl Scout Troop. Amanda previously served as the President of the Board of Directors for the Metro East Humane Society in Edwardsville, Illinois.
Amanda resides in Edwardsville with her husband and two daughters who keep her very busy and happy!
Practice areasFamily Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2010, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://mitchellhighlander.com/member/amanda-g-highlander/
- Illinois Bar Association, 2011 – Present
- The Metro East Humane Society, Board of Directors, Past President
- The Illinois State Bar Association, ISBA Women and the Law Committee, Former Member, 2013-2014
- The Madison County Bar Association, Member
- The Illinois State Bar Association, ISBA Child Law Section Council, Member, 2018-Present
- Missouri, 2010
- The Illinois State Bar Association, ISBA Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Committee, CLE Coordinator, 2018-Present
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois, 2011
- Member of the 2020 (Inaugural) Class of the ISBA Leadership Academy, 2020
- Illinois, 2011
- Governor of the Board of the Illinois State Bar Association, 2019
- Chair for Child Law Section Council of the Illinois State Bar Association, 2019
- Member of the Scope and Correlation Committee of the Illinois State Bar Association, 2019
- Golden Quill Award, Wiley Rutledge Moot Court Competition
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, B.A., 2006
- Presentation on Illinois Supreme Court Rules, Case Law, and Statutory Update for Guardians ad Litem, Presenter, Guardian ad Litem Training, Family, Adoption, Juvenile, 2019
- Director of the Board of the Girl Scouts of Southern Illinois, 2020
- Founding member of 100+ Women Who Care from the 618, 2019
- Illinois Bar Foundation Silver Fellow, 2018
- Former President of the Board of Directors for the Metro East Humane Society, 2017
Office location for Amanda G. Highlander
2135 N Center St
Maryville, IL 62062
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2024