Top rated Family Law attorney in Maryville, IllinoisStange Law Firm, PC
Practice Areas: Family Law, Estate & Trust Litigation
Licensed in Illinois since: 2018
Education: University of Wisconsin Law School
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
Finding a family law attorney can be stressful, and as a client you want to ensure you find a diligent lawyer to represent you. Laura Voegeli is a compassionate and caring Senior Associate Attorney for Stange Law Firm, PC, working from the firm’s Maryville, Illinois office located in Madison County. She is currently licensed to practice law in Illinois.
Laura graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education and Spanish from the University of Wisconsin. She went on to earn her Juris Doctorate from the University of Wisconsin Law School. While in law school, she worked as a Judicial Intern at the Wisconsin Court of Appeals, where she conducted research and drafted memos, opinions, and questions in preparation for oral arguments. She also worked as a Law Clerk for a firm in Madison, Wisconsin, where she gained experience drafting pleadings, mediation statements, and briefs for personal injury cases.
Laura was named a Rising Stars Honoree by Illinois Super Lawyers Magazine for 2023, an award that represents no more than 2.5% of lawyers in the state. She is also Lead Counsel Verified for divorce and family law. Since 1997, Lead Counsel Status Verified has been granted to attorneys who possess the right professional experience and a spotless record.
Prior to joining Stange Law Firm, Laura worked at a firm in Chicago, Illinois as an Associate Attorney working on a variety of cases. She worked on family-based immigration and removal defense, including filing waivers, asylum, cancellation of removal, and bond. From there she worked for a firm in St. Louis, Missouri, again representing clients in family-based immigration matters. She conducted daily intake calls, attended client interviews in different states, and prepared and filed mandamus lawsuits.
Outside of her legal practice, Laura enjoys alpine skiing, waterskiing, and rollerblading. She also currently coaches a youth alpine ski team at Hidden Valley Ski Resort in Eureka, Missouri.
Note: The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.
First Admitted: 2018, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.stangelawfirm.com/our-professionals/laura-voegel...
- University of Wisconsin Law School, 2018
- University of Wisconsin, 2014
- Represented father in a paternity case in Madison County. The case was originally filed in Missouri due to a lack of concrete knowledge of where the mother lived and was dismissed for lack of jurisdiction. Was able to secure regular weekly parenting time for father after he had not seen the minor child for over a year due to mother concealing the child and allow him to finally get to know his young daughter. , 2023
- Represented recovering addict mother in paternity case in Macoupin County. Was able to reintegrate mother into child's life after she had gone numerous years without seeing the child. , 2022
- Represented mother in an all-day custody trial in Morgan County involving domestic abuse and drug abuse. Presented numerous witnesses and secured primary parenting time and sole decision-making for the mother., 2022
- Spanish Translator for Make-A-Wish and St. Francis Community Services (Since April 2022), 2023
- Pro Bono Society Distinction (for over 100 hours of service), 2018
- Missouri Bar Association, since 2018, 2023
- Laura Voegeli was named a "Rising Stars Honoree" by Illinois Super Lawyers Magazine, since 2023., Rising Stars Honroee, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2023
- Laura Voegeli is Lead Counsel Verified in Divorce and Family Law (Since 2022), Lead Counsel Verified, LawInfo, 2023
- 2017 Melvin Friedman Memorial Scholarship Recipient (for work in the WI Innocence Project), Melvin Friedman Memorial Scholarship, University of Wisconsin Law School, 2017
- Rising Stars: 2023 - 2024