Monika M. Blacha
Top rated family law attorney in Naperville, IllinoisBlacha Law Office, LLC
Practice Areas: Family law, Estate planning & probate, Immigration; view more
Licensed in Illinois since: 1999
Education: Northwestern University School of Law
Languages Spoken: English, Polish, Spanish
As founder and managing partner at The Blacha Law Office LLC, Monika M. Blacha provides dedicated legal representation to people living in Naperville and Chicago, Illinois, and throughout Cook, DuPage, Kane, Kendall and Will counties. She focuses her practice on family law, generally handling cases that involve divorce, mediation and collaborative law, maintenance, post-decree modifications, adoption, child study, child support, and custody and visitation.
In addition, Ms. Blacha helps clients with their family immigration issues, as well as estate planning, wills, trusts, probate and administration matters.
She speaks both English and Polish, which allows her to serve both communities with equal ease and competence.
After graduating magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts from Loyola University Chicago, Ms. Blacha went on to attend the Northwestern Pritzker School of Law. While attending law school, Ms. Blacha served as the note and comment editor for the school's international law and business journal.
For nearly two decades, Ms. Blacha has helped guide her clients through emotionally-draining family law matters. She understands the impact such issues can have on people and their families, and she knows that the outcomes can prevent them from moving on with their lives. For this reason, Ms. Blacha draws on her mediation, negotiation, collaborative law and litigation experience to help her clients resolve their legal issues outside the courtroom. While it is generally her goal to help clients achieve mutually-agreeable solutions with soon-to-be ex-spouses and prosecutors, she will aggressively advocate on their behalf in court when the other side is not willing to negotiate.
Staying active in the legal community is a priority for Ms. Blacha. She is a member of the DuPage County Bar Association and the Illinois State Bar Association. She also volunteers her legal services by providing pro bono representation to clients seeking political asylum.
Practice areasFamily law, Estate planning & probate, Immigration: consumer
Adoption, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law, Father's rights, Estate planning, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills
- 80% Family law
- 10% Estate planning & probate
- 10% Immigration: consumer
First Admitted: 1999, Illinois
Professional Webpage: http://www.napervilledivorcelawyer.com/About/Monika-Blacha.s...
- Legal Rach Verified
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys – 10 Best in Customer Satisfaction, 2017
- Lawyers of Distinction, 2018
- AVVO Rating 10.0 Superb
- 2014 Top Attorney – NAFLA
- Selected to Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2010, 2013 - 2014
- 10 Best 2017 Attorney Client Satisfaction – AIFLA
- 2016 Top 100 Lawyer – ASLA
- Selected to Super Lawyers 2016, 2018
- Certified Divorce Mediator
- Mandatory Compliance with 'Voluntary' Industry Marketing Codes, Law 360, October, 2008
- Note and Comment Editor, Journal of International Law Review, Northwestern University School Of Law
- Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, B.A., Honors: magna cum laude, Honors: Dean's List, Major: Political Science
- Representing Political Asylum Clients, 2000 - Present
- Illinois, 1999
- DuPage County Bar Association, Member, 1999 - Present
- Chicago Bar Association, Member since 1999
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, 1999 - Present
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1999
- Will County Bar Association, Member since 1999
Office location for Monika M. Blacha
1230 E Diehl Rd.
Naperville, IL 60563
- Super Lawyers: 2016, 2018 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2010, 2013 - 2014