Jessica L. Malmquist
Top rated family law attorney in Oak Park, IllinoisGreenwich Law Group LLC
Practice Areas: Family law, Alternative dispute resolution, Estate planning & probate; view more
Licensed in Illinois since: 2003
Education: Case Western Reserve University School of Law
Greenwich Law Group LLC1011 Lake St
Oak Park, IL 60301 Visit website
A partner at the Illinois-based firm Greenwich Law Group, LLC, in Oakland, Jessica L. Malmquist is a skilled attorney serving the residents in and around Oak Park and the Chicago metro region through the firm. She is well-known for her work in the family law area and represents people in need of assistance with matters involving divorce, alimony, marital property, child support, custody and visitation. She also looks into cases involving estate planning, guardianships, and trusts and wills.
With a bachelor’s degree in economics and management from Beloit College, Ms. Malmquist graduated in the year 1998. She received her Juris Doctor from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in 2003 and later obtained her Master of Law degree with distinction from The University of Edinburgh Law School.
Ms. Malmquist is a confident and empathetic attorney and comfortably tackles any challenge given to her. She strongly believes that using alternative dispute resolution strategies, especially mediation and collaborative law, can prove to be effective to retain control of the marriage dissolution and reduce the involvement of the court.
Drawing on her experience from actively litigating for almost two decades, Ms. Malmquist understands the importance of a well-crafted financial plan during trying times in a person’s life. She ensures to involve her clients throughout the process and keeps them well-informed of all the developments in the case.
Outside of practicing law, Ms. Malmquist holds memberships in several organizations, including the American Bar Association, the Lake County Bar Association and the Illinois State Bar Association and is also a board member at the Collaborative Divorce Illinois.
Practice areasFamily law, Alternative dispute resolution, Estate planning & probate
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Divorce, Paternity, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law, Arbitration, Mediation, Estate planning, Guardianships & conservatorships, Living wills, Power of attorney, Trusts, Wills
- 80% Family law
- 10% Alternative dispute resolution
- 10% Estate planning & probate
First Admitted: 2003, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.greenwichlawgroup.com/attorney/malmquist-jessica...
- Rainbows Young Professional Board, Member
- Fellow, Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois
- Edinburgh University Faculty of Law, Edinburgh, LL.M. - 2004
- University of Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom, Glasgow, Scotland, M.Phil. International Finance & Economic Policy - 2005
- Beloit College, Beloit, Wisconsin, B.A. Economics & Management; Psychology - 1998
- Illinois, 2003
- American Bar Association, Member
- Illinois Bar Association, Member
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association
- Lake County Bar Association
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Member
- Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois (CLII), Board Member
Office location for Jessica L. Malmquist
1011 Lake St
Oak Park, IL 60301
- Super Lawyers: 2023