Nicholas W. Richardson
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Palatine, IL
Selected to Rising Stars: 2015 - 2018
- Free Consultation
- Virtual Appointments
Family law attorney Nicholas W. Richardson helps clients with divorce, child custody, child support, property division, paternity disputes and other difficult legal matters. In addition to his experience in traditional courtroom litigation, he is trained in mediation and collaborative law techniques. With his firm, the Law Office of Nicholas W. Richardson, P.C., in Palatine, Illinois, he represents clients throughout the Chicago area and Northwest Suburbs.
Trained at one of the country's top journalism schools during his undergraduate studies, Attorney Richardson earned his law degree from the University of Missouri School of Law. After working as an attorney for two different firms, he opened his current family law firm in 2009. He is admitted to practice in the state courts of Illinois and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. Richardson belongs to the Northwest Suburban Bar Association and Illinois State Bar Association. He is also a Fellow in the Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois. The Northwest Suburban Bar Association has recognized him with several appreciation of service awards. Currently, he serves this association as part of its Board of Governors and as a Committee Member.
He gives back to his community in a number of ways. In 2013, he initiated a Scholarship Program for College-Bound Chicagoland that continues today.
Articles by Mr. Richardson have been published in various media outlets such as the Chicago Tribune and the Daily Herald. Attorney Richardson is known within the legal community as a straightforward, honest attorney and enjoys each opportunity to help his clients navigate our legal system.
- 70%Family Law
- 30%Alternative Dispute Resolution
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Mediation
- Super Lawyers: 2022
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2018
About Nicholas W. Richardson
First Admitted: 2004, Illinois
Professional Webpage: http://www.nickrichardsonlaw.com/attorney-staff/nicholas-ric...
- University of Missouri: Bachelor of Journalism, Columbia, Mo., 2000; Juris Doctor, 2003.
- Phi Kappa Theta, Alum
- Certificate of Appreciation: Paternity Court Facilitator, Northwest Suburban Bar Association, 2012
- Appreciation of Service: Board of Governors, Northwest Suburban Bar Association, 2012
- Local Attorney Admitted to Bar of U.S. Supreme Court, Daily Herald, 2013
- Condo Laws in Need of a Digital Upgrade, Chicago Tribune, 2013
- The Importance of Following Up--Nick Richardson's Take, TribLocal, Chicago Tribune, 2011
- Three To-Do's for Your Business: Nick Richardson's Take, TribLocal, Chicago Tribune, 2010
- Customer Service Done Right: Nick Richardson's Take, TribLocal, Chicago Tribune, 2010
- Love Your Librarian, TribLocal, Chicago Tribune, 2009
- Lunch & Learn Moderator, Recent & Critical Case Decisions, 2013
Pro bono/Community Service
- Attorney Nicholas W. Richardson is committed to his community. In fact, giving back to his local communities has been key to the Law Office of Nicholas W. Richardson, P.C., since its 2009 founding. In 2014, Attorney Richardson launched the Inaugural Scholarships for College-Bound Chicagoland Powered by the Law Office of Nicholas W. Richardson, P.C., to help area graduating seniors pay for their advanced education including college, nursing, business, trade, technical training or other similar programs. Four $250 scholarships are available annually. Open to high school seniors residing in Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake or McHenry counties, the Scholarships for College-Bound Chicagoland Powered by the Law Office of Nicholas W. Richardson, P.C., honors four promising seniors for intellectual strength, independent thinking and exceptional achievement. Each student must submit a 500-word essay that addresses the specific year's prompt., 2019
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association (NWSBA), Member 2004 - Present. Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Committee, 2014 - Present. Co-chair Matrimonial Law Committee, 2013 – Present. Board of Directors, 2012 - Present. Parliamentarian, 2011, 2020
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, 2008 – present, 2020
- DuPage County Bar Association, member 2015-present, 2020
- Fellow in the Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois, 2012 - present, 2020
- Homeowners Association, Current President, Previous Treasurer, 2009 – present, 2020
- Admitted to the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2013
- Admitted to the Bar for State of Illinois, 2004
- Fellow, Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois, 2012 - current, 2020
- Collaborative Law Institute Of Illinois Fellow
- Homeowners' Association President
- Illinois State Bar Association Member
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association Board Member
- https://t.co/mEbFKkt3kX @MiodandCompany @elite_lawyer18 @AngelaWoody @Itatspectrum @ChristinaMcP @_JKComputers… https://t.co/APEzcuCTDS
- https://t.co/mEbFKkt3kX @MiodandCompany @elite_lawyer18 @AngelaWoody @Itatspectrum @ChristinaMcP @_JKComputers… https://t.co/toP89f0Qss
- Go!! https://t.co/mEbFKkt3kX @gall_solicitors @rdanna @steveGOgreen @Itatspectrum @ChristinaMcP @_JKComputers… https://t.co/bL3rX8Da4h
- Go!! https://t.co/mEbFKkt3kX @gall_solicitors @rdanna @steveGOgreen @Itatspectrum @ChristinaMcP @_JKComputers… https://t.co/QgS53EGj41
- @AmEggBoard Alex Hart-Upendo, Laurie Hernandez, Principal Mary Cline, Anne Alonzo and Sean Delano at the Youre Incr… https://t.co/hjwglzY1Sn
Last Updated: 5/15/2022