Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Peoria, IL
Selected to Rising Stars: 2013 - 2018, 2020 - 2021
Attorney Angela Evans of Angela Evans Law in Peoria, Illinois, handles a variety of civil cases involving business, contracts, employment law, family law and other matters. She is also a trained and court-approved mediator. She represents clients in many different areas including Peoria, Morton, Pekin, Washington and throughout Peoria, Tazewell, Knox, McClean and Woodford counties in Illinois.
A graduate of Samford University’s Cumberland School of Law, Ms. Evans has been admitted to practice law since 2008. Licensed in AL and IL, she initially gained valuable legal experience serving as a prosecutor in the state of Alabama. During that time, she gained significant litigation experience and transitioned her practice to areas of civil law after moving to the central Illinois region.
Along with being admitted to practice in the state of Illinois and Alabama, Ms. Evans has appeared before various federal courts as well. She has dealt with appellate matters before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the Illinois Supreme Court.
Ms. Evans has received a great deal of recognition within the legal profession since starting her law practice in Illinois. In 2012, she was named “Young Lawyer of the Year Outside of Cook County” by the Illinois State Bar Association and she has been included on the Illinois rising stars list in business litigation and family law by Chicago magazine.
Ms. Evans is passionate about participating in several professional organizations outside of her firm. She is a member of the Abraham Lincoln American Inn of Court and has also represented the Illinois State Bar Association as an assembly member for the Tenth Judicial District.
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Super Lawyers: 2022
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2018, 2020 - 2021
About Angela Evans
First Admitted: 2008, Alabama
Professional Webpage: https://www.angelaslaw.com/attorney/evans-angela/
- Named to Super Lawyers in Illinois, 2022, Super Lawyers
- Named to Super Lawyers Illinois Rising Stars, 2013-2018, 2020-2021, Super Lawyers
- Leading Lawyers has named Angela an Emerging Lawyer since 2018, Leading Lawyers
- Named as Illinois State Bar Association’s Young Lawyer of the Year for Downstate Illinois, 2012, Illinois State Bar Association
- Certified Guardian Ad Litem in the 10th Judicial Court, 10th Judicial Court
- A parenting plan is an important document that will inevitably be referred to during difficult times., High Conflict Parenting Plans, Child Law, 2021
- Organizer and moderator for a CLE on bullying for the Illinois State Bar Association., Organizer and Moderator, CLE on Bullying, Illinois State Bar Association
- A divorce attorney's approach to resolving domestic relations problems is crucial to the future emotional and financial health of the family., Bring Your Clients Value and Don't Get in Trouble Doing It, Child Law, 2021
- Peoria County Bar, Continuing Legal Education, Presentation Titled "Bring Your Clients Value" , Presenter, Bring Your Clients Value, Peoria County Bar, Continuing Legal Education
- Strategies for Family Law in Illinois: 2015 ed.: Leading Lawyers Leveraging Alternative Dispute Resolution, Negotiating Alimony and Child Support and Managing Client Expectations
- Article discussing how this book transforms the valuable lesson that you catch more bees with honey than with vinegar into a powerful, practical, and useful tool., Taking the War Out of Our Words: The Art of Powerful Non-Defensive Communication by Sharon Ellison, Administrative Law, May 2012; Women and the Law, March 2012, 2012
- It is nice to be able to report that in some of Illinois' more recent judicial races, gender is not a controlling factor., The Effect of Gender in a Judicial Race, Women and the Law, 2012
- Being a woman in business does not have to be a disadvantage, especially if you capitalize on the advantages -- some of which are outline here., Incentives to Being Woman-Owned, Women and the Law, 2011
- A few practice tips from author Angela Evans., Practice Tips: Watch Out for Anything Old, Dead, or Unlicensed, Women and the Law, 2011
- Court-Certified Mediator Listed on the Approved Mediator List for the Tenth Judicial Circuit of Illinois, Illinois State Bar Association, 2021
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, 2010
- Peoria County Bar Association Family Law Section
- Illinois, 2010
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- Alabama, 2008
- Abraham Lincoln American Inns of Court, Member
Last Updated: 5/15/2022