Jerry A. Tuffentsamer
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Peoria, IL
- Free Consultation
The Tuffentsamer Law Firm is a law firm in Peoria, Illinois, founded by attorney Jerry A. Tuffentsamer. Mr. Tuffentsamer practices family law, personal injury and workers’ compensation, serving clients throughout western Illinois. He is committed to providing high-quality yet affordable legal service to Illinois residents, maintaining close, personal relationships with his clients and putting their interests first.
Mr. Tuffentsamer earned a bachelor’s degree in paralegal studies with a pre-law specialization from Southern Illinois University. He received his law degree from Southern Illinois University School of Law. In addition to his law school classes, he belonged to the Southern Illinois University School of Law mock trial team and the Student Bar Association. He received scholarships including the Fairy B. Neal Scholarship and the Al A. Chesser Scholarship.
A licensed attorney since 2011, Mr. Tuffentsamer is admitted before all Illinois state courts, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit. Before founding The Tuffentsamer Law Firm, he worked as an associate attorney at a litigation firm in Marion, Illinois. He gained experience in various areas of law including civil rights, criminal, employment, family, municipal, personal injury and property.
Mr. Tuffentsamer is originally from Manito, Illinois. Before becoming an attorney, he was employed as a construction laborer with the Laborers International Union of North America, Local 231. In this role, he spent several years working for a commercial concrete and masonry company.
- 60%Family Law
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Workers' Compensation: Claimant
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights, Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Toxic Mold, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2021
About Jerry A. Tuffentsamer
First Admitted: 2011, Illinois
Professional Webpage: http://tufflawfirm.com/attorney-profiles
- CALI Awards: Lawyering Skills, Trial Advocacy, and Business Organizations, Southern Illinois University School of Law
- United States Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit, 2012
- The State of Illinois
- Member, Peoria County Bar Association, 2013
- Member, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, 2013
- Student Bar Association, Class Representative, Southern Illinois University School of Law
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association, 2013
- Trial Team Member, Southern Illinois University School of Law
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois, 2011
- Southern Illinois University, Bachelors of Science, Major: Paralegal Studies, 4-year ABA approved program, Pre-law specialization, May 2008, 2008
- Midwest Central High School, 1999
- Examines the legal implications on shareholder expectations following the federal government's involvement in corporate bailouts during 2007/2008 financial crises, Uncle Sam To Corporate America: I Want To Buy You, 2010
- Licensed to practice by the Illinois Bar, 2011
Pro bono/Community Service
- Peoria County Bar Association-Pro Bono, 2013
Last Updated: 5/15/2022