Top rated Family Law attorney in Rockford, IllinoisPro Legal Care, LLC
Practice Areas: Family Law, Criminal Defense, Civil Litigation; view more
Licensed in Illinois since: 2011
Education: Northern Illinois University College of Law
Pro Legal Care, LLC405 W State St
Rockford, IL 61101 Visit website
Zachary Townsend is the founding attorney of Pro Legal Care, LLC, in Rockford, Illinois. With a decade of experience practicing law, Mr. Townsend represents clients with family law, criminal defense, personal injury and civil litigation matters throughout Northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. He takes on family law cases, such as divorce and marital matters, adoption, LGBT and same-sex marriage issues, orders of protection and termination of parental rights; criminal defense cases, such as felony, DUI, sex offenses, and burglary; and personal injury cases, such as auto accidents and slip-and-fall accidents.
A fierce and tireless advocate for his clients, Mr. Townsend uses his skills and experience to help and guide them with their concerns. He has a genuine concern for the legal issues affecting his clients, and it shows in the dedicated counsel and tailored representation he provides to them, keeping in mind the emotional toll that these issues can take on a person.
Mr. Townsend earned his Juris Doctor from the Northern Illinois University College of Law. As a student, he was an editor for the Law Review of the Northern Illinois University College of Law, a member of the Debate Society and on the executive board of The National Society of Collegiate Scholars. Prior to his law practice, he clerked for the judges of Illinois’ 15th Judicial Circuit.
Active in the community, Mr. Townsend is on the board of directors for Family Counseling Services and Stateline Chamber of Commerce. In addition to practicing law, Mr. Townsend is a published author and has written several legal articles in prominent publications, such as “To Admit or Not to Admit: Evidence of Cannabis Consumption” for the Kane County Bar Association, “Procreative Sex and Same Sex Parents” for Georgetown University and “The Drug Asset Forfeiture Procedure Act of Illinois Is Inconsistent With The Proportionate Penalties Clause of The Illinois Constitution” for the DuPage County Bar Association.
Practice areasFamily Law, Criminal Defense, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Criminal Law, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Dram Shop Laws, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Father's Rights, Marital Property, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Name Change, Paternity, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law, Sex Offenses, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 60% Family Law
- 20% Criminal Defense
- 10% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2011, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://prolegalcare.com/zachary-townsend/
- Georgetown University, Procreative Sex and Same-Sex Parents, 13 Georgetown Journal of Gender and the Law 591 (2012) (with Jeffrey A. Parness)
- Kane County Bar Association Bar, To Admit or Not to Admit: Evidence of Cannabis Consumption, Kane County Bar Association Bar Briefs, March 2011, at 7.
- DuPage County Bar Association, The Drug Asset Forfeiture Procedure Act of Illinois Is Inconsistent With The Proportionate Penalties Clause of The Illinois Constitution, DuPage County Bar Association Brief, July 2010, at 44.
- University of Baltimore, For Those Not John Edwards: More and Better Paternity Acknowledgments At Birth, 40 University of Baltimore Law Review 53 (2010) (with Jeffrey A. Parness).
- University of Toledo, Legal Paternity (and Other Parenthood) After Lehr and Michael H., 43 the University of Toledo Law Rev. 225 (2011) (with Jeffrey A. Parness).
- University of Utah, The Price of Pleasure: Children Hurt Too, 14 University of Utah Journal of Law and Family Studies 245 (2012) (with Jeffrey A. Parness)
- Stateline Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Family Counseling Services
- Illinois, 2011
- Wisconsin, 2012
Office location for Zachary Townsend
405 W State St
Rockford, IL 61101
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2023