Helena L. Trachtenberg
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Rolling Meadows, IL
As a Partner at the Cooper Trachtenberg Law Group, LLC, Helena Trachtenberg focuses her practice exclusively on family law matters. Working out of the firm's offices in Rolling Meadows, Illinois, she provides astute representation to clients throughout Cook, Lake, Kane and DuPage counties as well as other parts of the greater Chicago metropolitan area. Ms. Trachtenberg, who is fluent in both English and Russian and admitted to practice before all Illinois and Florida state courts, has received an "Excellent" peer review rating through Avvo for both her successful track record and for the ethical manner in which she handles what are often emotional cases. She has also been named to The National Advocates: Top 40 Under 40 and to The 10 Best Attorneys Under 40 for Client Satisfaction.
Ms. Trachtenberg's practice is largely centered on representing people whose marriages are coming to an end and who face such divorce-related issues as alimony and child support, the division of complex marital assets and debts, and parental responsibilities and parenting time. A forceful courtroom advocate for her clients when necessary, she also helps many of them attempt to reach accord on some of these matters through the negotiation of settlement agreements. Ms. Trachtenberg is also a trained mediator, collaborative law profession and is on the list of approved attorneys who can serve as a guardian ad litem or as a child representative for children who are involved in contentious custody proceedings in Cook County and Lake County, Illinois.
Ms. Trachtenberg, a native of Minsk, Belarus, attended the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and received a bachelor's degree in international trade policy and development in 2007. Her legal education came at the University of Miami School of Law, and she served an internship with the 11th Judicial Circuit Court of Florida before being awarded her law degree in 2010.
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Father's Rights
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2022
About Helena L. Trachtenberg
First Admitted: 2010, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://mcooperlaw.com/our-attorneys/attorney-helena-trachte...
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association, 2019-Present
- Child’s Representative and Guardian Ad Litem, Lake County
- Collaborative Divorce Illinois, 2019-present
- Florida Bar Association, 2010 – Present
- Chicago Bar Association, 2011 – Present
- Lake County Bar Association, 2013 – Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, 2011 – Present
- Illinois Child Support, Wright College, November 2014
- Illinois Child Support, Truman College, December 2013
- University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, B.S., 2007
- Northwestern Univeristy- Mediation Skills Training, 2019
- Completed Mediation training at Northwestern University., 2019
- , Best of the Best Attorneys Top 10 Family Law Attorney, Best of the Best, 2020
- Received in 2021, 2020 and 2018, 10 Best Attorneys Under 40 for Client Satisfaction, 10 Best , 2021
- Milton H. Gray Award for Outstanding Project Leadership, Chicago Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, 2015
- Named Illinois “Rising Star Super Lawyer” in Family Law, 2018-2022, Rising Star, Super lawyers , 2022
- Top 40 under 40, The National Advocates, 2016
Last Updated: 5/15/2022