Joseph G. Klest
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Schaumburg, IL
The founder of the Klest Injury Law Firm, Joseph G. Klest, has for nearly 30 years devoted his practice to the representation of people who have incurred significant economic and noneconomic losses because of the negligence or recklessness of other parties. He works out of the firm’s offices in Schaumberg, Illinois, and his client base comes from the Greater Chicago metropolitan area.
Mr. Klest pursued his legal education at what was then known as the John Marshall Law School and is now the University of Illinois Chicago School of Law. He graduated in 1982, and he opened his own firm after being admitted to practice before all Illinois state courts later that year. Mr. Klest subsequently became admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of Illinois, as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
Mr. Klest’s personal injury and wrongful death litigation experience has encompassed a wide variety of cases. He has handled claims arising out of incidents involving medical malpractice, motor vehicle crashes, childhood sexual abuse, legal professional negligence, and defective products, and along the way, he has been able to obtain millions of dollars in compensation for his clients. Some of his representative results have included a $28 million jury award for people who had been the victims of sexual abuse when they were younger and a settlement in excess of $3.2 million for a client whose kidney disease was misdiagnosed. These and other successes have earned Mr. Klest an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10 “Superb” peer review rating through Avvo.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 80%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Defense, Medical Malpractice
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2013, 2016 - 2022
About Joseph G. Klest
First Admitted: 1982, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.josephklest.com/attorney-profile/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Proud Member, Illinois Brotherhood of Electric Workers
- City of Wooddale
- Established Law Forms, Inc. (Computer Software Company)
- Central Continental Bakery
- Keller Heartt Co., Inc. Oil Company
- Illinois, 1982
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 1982
- President, E.L.F.I. (Computer Software Company), 1987 - Present
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1982
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 1982
- U.S. Federal Court, 1982
- Award for writing an Amicus brief in a case before the Illinois Supreme Court, William J Harte Amicus Volunteer Award, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, 2009
- AV rating with Martindale Hubbell
- Co-author of Illinois’s 2003 Child Protection Act
- I have handled many cases valued in seven figures - most recently, I settled a medical malpractice case involving kidney failure resulting in a recovery of $3,215,000.00 which is the highest settlement for kidney failure in Illinois involving kidney failure of a homemaker
- I began my law school career working in the office of an Illinois attorney who obtained the first verdict in excess of $1,000,000
- @movietvtechgeek Why did the press single out the Catholic Church when there there is SIGNIFICANTLY more abuse in public schools?
- @CBSThisMorning Why did the press single out the Catholic Church when there is much more abuse in public schools?
- @realDonaldTrump @ellenEspence How is a wall is going to keep anyone out of this country? Drugs get in and El Chapo got out by tunnel.
- I'm pretty sure that most of the street murders are with black market guns.
- The only way to stop this to get ALL of the guns off of the streets like Australia did. A black market a k47 is $15,000 in Australia.
Last Updated: 10/27/2021