Scott G. Richmond
Top rated general litigation attorney in South Elgin, IllinoisAriano, Hardy, Ritt, Nyuli, Richmond, Lytle & Goettel, P.C.
Practice Areas: General litigation, Business litigation, Land use & zoning; view more
Licensed in Illinois since: 1995
Attorney Scott G. Richmond is a partner with Ariano Hardy Ritt Nyuli Richmond Lytle & Goettel P.C. law firm, which has law offices in South Elgin and Huntley, Illinois. A nationally ranked trial lawyer with more than 25 years of total legal experience, Mr. Richmond provides exceptional counsel and support to clients throughout Kane County and across the Fox River Valley region who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Civil litigation
· Landlord-tenant issues
· Commercial litigation
· Personal injury
· Workers' compensation
· Zoning and land use
· Homeowner and condo association representation
· General legal counsel
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Richmond has achieved remarkable success advocating on behalf of his clients and helping them obtain the favorable outcomes they seek in state and federal courts across his region. Honored for his outstanding professionalism and superior client service, he has earned a Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished* peer review rating and a Leading Lawyers designation as well as many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers.
A 1990 graduate of Michigan State University, Mr. Richmond attended the Illinois Institute of Technology's Chicago-Kent College of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor, with honors, in 1995. He holds his admission to practice before all Illinois state courts as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and the U.S. Supreme Court.
A leader in his legal community, Mr. Richmond has served as general counsel and board of managers member of the Kane County Bar Association, and he is an active member of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association and the Illinois State Bar Association. He has also provided unmatched support to his local community through his involvement with the Village of South Elgin, where he has served as Village Trustee as well as board liaison to the Intergovernmental Affairs Committee, the city's Police and Public Works Departments and its Finance Department.
Mr. Richmond has also served as chair of the South Elgin Economic Development Council, and he serves on the board of directors of the St. Charles Bank and Trust. In addition, he has served on the board of various charitable organizations in his area.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasGeneral litigation, Business litigation, Land use/zoning, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Workers' compensation: employer/insurance
Litigation, Restraining order, Small claims, Trade secret, Non-compete agreements, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 30% General litigation
- 30% Business litigation
- 20% Land use/zoning
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Workers' compensation: employer/insurance
First Admitted: 1995, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://attorneys-illinois.com/attorneys/scott-g-richmond
- Illinois, 1995
- Kane County Bar Association, Board of Managers, 2010 - 2016
- U.S. Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Board of Directors -Kane County Bar Association, 2010
- Michigan State University - Graduated B.A. Accounting, 1986
- Selected as a Leading Lawyer for 2020, Leading Lawyer, Leading Lawyers, 2020
- Leading Lawyer in Illinois for 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Order of the Coif, 1995
- Graduated with High Honors, Chicago Kent College of Law, 1995
- St. Charles Bank & Trust Company Ziegler Ace Hardware Cat-i Manufacturing, 2020
- Advocate Aurora Sherman Hospital Board of Directors, 2020
- St. Charles Bank & Trust Company, Board of Directors, Head of Audit Committee
- U-46 School District Alignment for Education - Governing Board, 2020
- Vice-Chairman Board of Directors - Brett Armin Sarcoma Foundation, 2016
- Board of Directors/Legal Counsel - Food for Greater Elgin, 2020
- Village Trustee - Village of South Elgin, Illinois, 2020
Office location for Scott G. Richmond
2000 McDonald Road
South Elgin, IL 60177
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023