A senior associate at the Peskind Law Firm, attorney Edward E. Milas serves clients in St. Charles and throughout Illinois. He understands what his clients are going through and provides compassionate representation in cases involving divorce, international child custody disputes, contested and adult adoptions, child support and maintenance, property divisions, family law appeals, prenuptial agreements, child relocation and post-decree matters.
After graduating magna cum laude from the Loyola University Chicago with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 2007, Mr. Milas pursued his legal education and obtained his Juris Doctor from the Loyola University Chicago School of Law in 2010.
Mr. Milas’s learning did not stop there. He gained extensive mediation skills by taking part in the Mediation Skills Training Program at Northwestern University, Chicago. He received Collaborative Law Training at the Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois and also went to Harvard Law School to participate in the Harvard Project on Negotiation.
Licensed to practice in Illinois since 2011, Mr. Milas has achieved a long record of successful results for his clients both inside and outside of the courtroom. His effective communication skills and experience have helped him navigate and interpret his clients’ cases diligently. He has received many testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
For his commitment and exemplary professionalism, Mr. Milas was selected for inclusion in the Emerging Lawyers list by Leading Lawyers in 2019 and 2020. Lower than 2% of the attorneys are entitled to receive this distinction in every state. He is a member of the Kane County Bar Association and actively volunteers to provide pro bono and community services.
Practice areasFamily Law
Adoption, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2011, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.peskindlaw.com/edward-e-milas/
- Loyola University of Chicago, B.A magna cum laude, 2007
- Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois, Rockford Illinois: Collaborative Law Training
- Harvard University School of Law, Cambridge Massachusetts: Harvard Project on Negotiation
- Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois: Mediation Skills Training Program
- "Emerging Lawyers have been identified by their peers to be among the TOP LAWYERS who are age 40 or younger unless they have practiced for no more than 10 years. Less than 2% of all lawyers licensed in each state have received the distinction of Emerging Lawyer.", Emerging Lawyers, Leading Lawyers, 2018
- "Emerging Lawyers have been identified by their peers to be among the TOP LAWYERS who are age 40 or younger unless they have practiced for no more than 10 years. Less than 2% of all lawyers licensed in each state have received the distinction of Emerging Lawyer.", Emerging Lawyers, Leading Lawyers, 2019
- Kane County Law Library, 2019
- Active within Kane County Bar Association, 2019
- Illinois State Bar Association
Office location for Edward E. Milas
2445 Dean Street
St. Charles, IL 60175-4828
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2024