James J. Hagle
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Urbana, IL
Attorney James J. Hagle is a partner with the Frederick & Hagle law firm in Urbana, Illinois. Serving clients throughout central Illinois and across the state, Mr. Hagle devotes his practice to bringing personal injury claims on behalf of those who suffered an injury or loss as the result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing. In addition, he also defends physicians in cases of medical malpractice.
A top-rated trial lawyer with more than 38 years of experience, Mr. Hagle has achieved unprecedented success advocating for those in need. Throughout his career, he has secured numerous settlements and awards in excess of a million dollars, including a landmark verdict of over $15 million for the victim of a railroad accident and another verdict of nearly $10 million for a bus accident victim.
From this success, he has earned a membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He has also been named both an Illinois Leading Lawyer and an elected fellow in the prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers since 2009.
Mr. Hagle began his legal career in 1980 after receiving his Juris Doctor, summa cum laude, from the University of Illinois College of Law and his license to practice from the State of Illinois . While in law school, he received the Rickert Award for Excellence in Academic Achievement and graduated Order of the Coif. He also has extensive experience practicing before all U.S. District Courts in the state,as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
Highly active in his legal community, Mr. Hagle is a member of several local, state and national bar associations, including the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, the Illinois State Bar Association, the Champaign County Bar Association and the American Association for Justice.
- 90%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Defense
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Dental Malpractice, Medical Malpractice
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About James J. Hagle
First Admitted: 1980, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.frederickandhagle.com/attorneys/james-j-hagle/
- Holds a record jury verdict of $15.1 million in a railroad collision case and record jury verdict for bus collision case of $9.87 million
- American Association for Justice - Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Illinois, 2009 - 2010
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Illinois Leading Lawyer
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Rickert Award for Excellence in Academic Achievement, University of Illinois College of Law
- Order of the Coif, University of Illinois College of Law
- Summa Cum Laude, University of Illinois College of Law
- Member, Champaign County Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
- Illinois, 1980
Last Updated: 5/15/2022