David R. Del Re
Top rated Family Law attorney in Waukegan, IllinoisDel Re Law Group, P.C.
Practice Areas: Family Law, Criminal Defense, DUI-DWI; view more
Licensed in Illinois since: 1998
Education: The University of Tulsa College of Law
Del Re Law Group, P.C.200 N. Martin Luther King, Jr. Ave.
Waukegan, IL 60085 Visit website
David R. Del Re is the founder of and the principal attorney at Del Re Law Group, P.C. Located in Waukegan, Illinois, he focuses his practice on family law matters, providing representation to clients throughout Lake County and other parts of the greater Chicago metropolitan area. Mr. Del Re has been admitted to practice in Illinois since 1998.
The primary portion of Mr. Del Re's practice involves his assisting people whose marriages are coming to an end and who are thus having to deal with such divorce-related issues as child custody and visitation, property division, and spousal and child support. A forceful courtroom advocate for his clients when litigation is necessary, he also has a substantial background in mediation, and this allows him to often help his clients come to an accord on some of these matters through the use of that less-adversarial alternative dispute resolution method.
In addition to his divorce practice, Mr. Del Re regularly prepares and reviews prenuptial and post-marital agreements, and he helps victims of domestic violence obtain appropriate protective orders from the court. For those clients whose marriages have already been dissolved, he assists them in seeking modifications to or the enforcement of existing parenting and support orders. Mr. Del Re has also been appointed as guardian ad litem for children who are the subject of contentious custody disputes.
Mr. Del Re has received a great deal of recognition from his fellow attorneys for the quality of his work and his high degree of ethics, including a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. He obtained his legal education at The University of Tulsa College of Law, where he served on what was then known as the Tulsa Law Journal before receiving his Juris Doctor in 1998.
Practice areasFamily Law, Criminal Defense, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
Alimony & Spousal Support, Assault & Battery, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, DUI/DWI, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Father's Rights, Marital Property, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law, Traffic Violations
- 80% Family Law
- 10% Criminal Defense
- 10% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
First Admitted: 1998, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.daviddelrelaw.com/About/David-R-Del-re.shtml
- Sustaining Member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
- Ducks Unlimited
- Past President, Lake County Justinian Society, 2010
- Chair, Lake County Bar Association, Judicial Selection and Retention Committee, January 1, 2016 - December 21, 2018
- Member, Leading Lawyers Network
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, Lake County Bar Association, Judicial Section and Retention Committee, January 1, 2014 - January 1, 2016
- Illinois, 1998
- Member, American Inns of Court/Lake County, 1997 - Present
- Board Member, Lake County Bar Association, 2018 - Present
- Association of Women Attorneys of Lake County, Member
- Benedict J. Ori Award, Lake County State's Attorney's Office, 2015
- Leading Lawyer, 2012
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2010 - 2011
- Pro Bono Award, Lake County Bar Association, 2016
- Presenter, LCBA Family Law Seminar, “How To (and How Not To) Cross Examine 604.10 (b) and (c) Evaluators” Charleston, South Carolina, April 2018
- Speaker/Presenter, LCBA Family Law Seminar 2019, Direct Examination, Cross Examination and Closing Arguments in a Relocation Case. Scottsdale, Arizona, April 2019
- Presenter, Orders of protections and custody cases with simultaneous criminal prosecutions, Lake County Criminal Committee Seminar, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, November, 2009
- Lecturer, Substitution of Judge for Cause regarding the Illinois Supreme Court case of In Re: The Marriage of O’Brien which tried at the Circuit level by David R. Del Re and briefed and argued with co-counsel, Mark Vogg, before the Illinois Supreme Court in January of 2010, Lake County’s Family Law Committee Seminar, Memphis TN, April, 2010
- Panelist, Lake County’s Family Law Committee Seminar, Domestic Violence, Orders of Protection and Social media, 2014
- Staff Member, Tulsa Law Journal, University of Tulsa College of Law
- Presenter, LCBA Family Law Seminar, “New Local Rules of the 19th Judicial Circuit” Fort Lauderdale, Florida, April 2017
- Panelist/Presenter, 19th Judicial Circuit Child Representative Training: “Testifying as a Guardian Ad Litem,” September 2016
- Panelist/Presenter “Important Changes to ILCS 5/600-5/610.5 Involving All Aspects of Children,” November 2015
- University of Illinois-Chicago, B.A.
- Certified Guardian ad litem for Probate Cases
- Certified Guardian ad litem, Child’s Representative
Office location for David R. Del Re
200 N. Martin Luther King, Jr. Ave.
Waukegan, IL 60085
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2011
These comments were made by fellow attorneys during the annual nomination process.
“david has excellent skills, both trial and negotiation. he does a very good job.”