As managing partner of Fawell & Fawell, Alex Fawell represents clients in Illinois in all types of family law cases, including divorce, parentage, allocation of parenting time and parental responsibilities, child support, orders of protection, and domestic violence cases. Since he was licensed in 2015, Mr. Fawell has appeared in counties throughout the Chicagoland area, including DuPage, Cook, Will, Kane, Kendall, McHenry, Lake, and DeKalb.
Mr. Fawell is a member of the DuPage County Bar Association and the Illinois State Bar Association. He earned his Bachelor of Arts in English literature from the University of Wisconsin in 2009 and his Juris Doctor from the University of Illinois Chicago School of Law (formerly The John Marshall Law School) in 2015. While in law school, he was on the Moot Court Executive Board, a teaching assistant for appellate advocacy for three semesters, and a teaching assistant for transnational negotiation for one semester.
While participating in moot court, Mr. Fawell travelled to competitions in Malibu, California and Washington, D.C. He was named the third best overall oral advocate at the 2014 Pepperdine National Entertainment Law Moot Court Competition and was a member of the third place overall, second place oralist moot court team at the 2013 Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Competition. Mr. Fawell was also a federal judicial clerk for the Honorable John Darrah, United States District Judge for the Northern District of Illinois.
Mr. Fawell is a member of the DuPage County Bar Association Editorial Board, which publishes bimonthly editions containing articles and other information for members of the DuPage County Bar Association. His passion for the law shines through in every aspect of his education and his career. A passionate, knowledgeable, and experienced attorney, Mr. Fawell stands out in his field because of his advocacy for his clients, his professional work ethic, and his extensive knowledge of all aspects of family law.
Practice areasFamily law, Criminal defense
Adoption, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Juvenile law, Name change, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Same sex family law, Expungement, Failure to pay child support, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence
- 90% Family law
- 10% Criminal defense
First Admitted: 2015, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.fawelllaw.com/About-Us/Alex-J-Fawell.shtml
- The University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, B.A., Major: English Literature, 2009
- Third Place Overall, Second Place Oralist Team, Lefkowitz Moot Court Competition, 2013
- Coach, Intrascholastic Mock Trial Competition for first-year law students, The John Marshall Law School
- Third Best Advocate, Pepperdine National Entertainment Law Moot Court Competition, 2014
- Moot Court Executive Board, The John Marshall Law School
- Illinois State Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Illinois, 2015
- Article regarding 750 ILCS 5/609.2 published in the April 2018 issue of the DCBA Breif., Author, Reconsidering Relocation, DCBA Brief, DuPage County Bar Association, 2018
- Teaching Assistant, Transnational Negotiation, 2015
- Teaching Assistant, Appellate Advocacy, 2013-2015
Office location for Alex Fawell
2100 Manchester Road
Wheaton, IL 60187
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2023