Neil J. Levine
Top rated criminal defense attorney in Wheaton, IllinoisLaw Office of Neil J. Levine, P.C.
Practice Areas: Criminal defense, Immigration, DUI-DWI; view more
Licensed in Illinois since: 1990
Education: Georgetown University Law Center
Languages Spoken: ASL, English
Law Office of Neil J. Levine, P.C.301 S County Farm Rd
Wheaton, IL 60187 Visit website
Attorney Neil J. Levine is the founder and owner of the Law Office of Neil J Levine, P.C., in Addison, Illinois. Nationally regarded as among the top trial lawyers in the country, Mr. Levine has nearly 30 years of total legal experience, and he provides unmatched advocacy and support to clients throughout Wheaton and the surrounding Chicago metro region who have legal needs involving any of the following:
- Criminal defense for all types of felonies and misdemeanors, including DUI and other traffic-related violations, drug crimes, juvenile delinquency, sex crimes, violent crimes and murder, burglary and robbery, and more
- Immigration law challenges involving removal hearings and deportation defense, obtaining green cards and visas, naturalization, changes in status, asylum, and other related matters
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Levine has handled numerous jury trials, bench trials and court hearings for cases ranging from traffic tickets to capital murder. He also has extensive experience with appeals, as well as with post-conviction relief matters. During the same time, he has assisted hundreds of individuals and families with realizing their dreams of a better life in the United States, and he has fought hard to protect the rights and liberties of foreign nationals charged with serious criminal offenses.
No matter the legal issues his clients are facing, Mr. Levine provides highly personalized counsel to help them make the best-informed decisions as he aggressively pursues the most favorable outcomes on their behalf. Honored for his outstanding professionalism, he has earned consistent designation as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer from The National Trial Lawyers each year since 2012. He has also received numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients for his unwavering devotion to helping them achieve the justice they deserve.
Mr. Levine began his legal career in 1990 after obtaining his Juris Doctor magna cum laude from Georgetown University Law Center, where he graduated Order of the Coif. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit, as well as the U.S. and Illinois Supreme Courts. He also holds his certification as Lead Counsel with the Capital Litigation Trial Bar.
Highly active in his legal community, Mr. Levine in a member of the National and Illinois Associations of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the American Immigration Lawyers Association. He is also a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, the DuPage County Bar Association and the DuPage County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association. Fluent in American Sign Language, he has served as a member of the board of directors for the Midwest Center on Law and the Deaf. He is also fluent in Spanish.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Immigration: consumer, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Prosecution, Sex offenses, Theft, Criminal domestic violence, Asylum, Naturalization & citizenship, DUI/DWI
- 40% Criminal defense
- 50% Immigration: consumer
- 10% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
First Admitted: 1990, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.neiljlevinelaw.com/
- Member of faculty of currently named "Jamie Kunz Illinois Public Defender Voir Dire Workshop & Trial Advocacy Program", previously named "Public Defender Voir Dire Workshop and Intensive Trial Advocacy Program," 2004 - 2019, Member of faculty in annual week long criminal trial advocacy seminar presented to Illinois Public Defenders
- Seminar/Lecture given, regarding interplay of criminal law and immigration law, May 9, 2019, Seminar/lecture given to members of the Kane County Bar Association, "Info a Criminal Lawyer Should Have Before Calling the Immigration Lawyer"
- Member of panel discussion before students of College of DuPage regarding a celebration of Constitution Day, September 20, 2018, Member of Immigration Attorney Panel, "The United States Constitution and Immigration: A Nation of Immigrants?"
- Seminar/Lecture, interplay between criminal law and immigration law, September 17, 2018, Seminar/lecture given to members of the DuPage County Bar Association, "Info a Criminal Lawyer Should Have Before Calling the Immigration Lawyer"
- Seminar/lecture given, how to handle situations in which a non-U.S. Citizen is charged with a crime carrying immigration consequences and the prosecution refuses to amend the criminal charge, January 19, 2017, Seminar/lecture given to members of the DuPage County Bar Association, "Crimmigration 201: When the State Doesn't Want to Amend"
- Seminar/lecture given to members of Public Defender's Office re how to defend non-U.S. Citizens charged with crimes while simultaneously maintaining their immigration statuses, June 10, 2016, Seminar/lecture given to members of the Kane County Public Defender's Office, "Crimmigration -- Immigration Consequences of Criminal Convictions"
- Seminar/Lecture, explaining which criminal offenses carry which immigration related consequences, and strategies how to defend non-U.S. Citizens charged with such offenses, November 6, 2015, Seminar/lecture given to members of the DuPage County Bar Association, "Crimmigration -- Immigration Consequences of Criminal Convictions"
- Seminar/lecture, non-U.S. Citizen clients with often times years old criminal convictions who are currently facing immigration problems, and strategies on how to defend them, May 6, 2015, Seminar/lecture given to members of the Kane County Bar Association, "Your Client has Criminal Convictions -- What Do You Do?"
- Seminar/lecture, outlining which crimes carry which immigration consequences and discussing strategies how best to defend non-U.S. Citizens charged with such crimes, July 17, 2014, Seminar/lecture given to members of the DuPage County Public Defender's Office, "Crimmigration -- Immigration Consequences of Criminal Convictions"
- Seminar/lecture, explaining which criminal offenses carried which types of immigration consequences and offered suggestions how to defend such cases, May 8, 2014, Seminar/lecture given to members of the Kane County Bar Association, "Crimmigration: Collateral Consequences for Immigrants in the Criminal Justice System"
- Chair of Immigration Committee of DuPage County Bar Association, 2018 - 2019
- Vice chair of Immigration Law Committee of DuPage County Bar Association, 2017 - 2018
- Listed in The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers, Listed for work in criminal defense, 2012 - 2019
- Member, Order of the Coif, Georgetown University Law Center
- Member of Board of Directors of Midwest Center on Law and the Deaf, 2008 - 2017
- Many seminars in sign language to Deaf Community in different forums, entitled "What to Do if You're Deaf and get Arrested," at least one seminar in sign language to Deaf Community entitled "What to Do if You're Deaf and get a DUI"
- Member of DuPage County Bar Association
- Admitted to bar of Supreme Court of the United States, Member, 2010
- Member of Illinois State Bar Association
- Member of American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Member of DuPage County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Member of Illinois Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member of National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Admitted to bar of United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2010
- Admitted to State of Illinois Capital Litigation Trial Bar as Lead Counsel, 2003
- Admitted to bar of Supreme Court of Illinois, 1990
- Admitted to bar of United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 1990
- M.S. degree -- University of Chicago in Meteorology, 1983
- B.S. degree -- State University of New York at Oneonta, Major: Meteorology, 1979
Office location for Neil J. Levine
301 S County Farm Rd
Wheaton, IL 60187
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023