Ted A. Donner
Top rated business litigation attorney in Wheaton, IllinoisDonner & Company Law Offices LLC
Attorney Ted A. Donner is the founder and principal of the Donner & Company Law Offices LLC in Wheaton, Illinois. Serving clients throughout Cook, DuPage, and Kane counties, Mr. Donner focuses his practice on business counseling, commercial litigation, arbitration and mediation, employment law, insurance law and real estate law.
After graduating from Roosevelt University in Chicago in 1987, Mr. Donner attended Loyola University Chicago School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1990. That same year, he was admitted to practice in the State of Illinois and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. He has also since been admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, the Central District of Illinois and the Central District of Indiana, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
While pursuing his legal degree, he was the editor for the law school's newspaper and served on the editorial board for the school's Consumer Law Reporter. He also received several awards for his excellent academic achievements, including the American Jurisprudence Award in Professional Responsibility and Criminal Procedure and recognition as best oralist in the intraschool moot court competition.
Since receiving his legal degree, he has held close ties with the law school. Along with serving on the adjunct legal faculty since he graduated in 1990, he has also coacheed a number of the school's moot court competition teams. He received recognition from the Loyola Moot Court Honors Board in 1999 for what has since come to be known as Team Coach of the Year.
Mr. Donner lectures extensively throughout his region and across the country on a variety of legal topics, and he has authored numerous articles and publications, including two national treatises involving negotiation best practices and jury selection strategies. He served as president for the DuPage County Bar Association in 2016-17, and he has served on the boards and committees of several professional legal organizations.
Among his other professional affiliations, he is a life fellow with the American Bar Foundation and a life member of the Alpha Sigma Nu National Jesuit Honor Society.
He holds a 10 out of 10 rating from Avvo and is AV-Preeminent peer-review rated* through Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Closely held business, Insurance coverage, Real estate: business
First Admitted: 1990, Illinois
Professional Webpage: http://www.donnerco.com/teddonner
- American Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- DuPage County Bar Association, President Elect, 2015-2016
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1990
- Member of Board of Directors, DuPage County Bar Foundation, 2011-2015, 2017-18
- United States District Court, Central District of Indiana
- Editor-in-Chief of the DCBA Brief, 2007-2008, 2010-2011
- Alpha Sigma Nu National Jesuit Honor Society, Life Member
- DuPage County Bar Association, Sustaining Member
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- President of the DuPage County Bar Association, 2016-2017
- Member of Board of Directors, American Society of Trial Consultants Foundation, 2010-2015
- United States District Court, Central District of Illinois, 2009
- DuPage County Bar Association, Public Interest and Education Commission, 2015-2020
- DuPage County Bar Association, LRS Committee, Chair, 2013-2014
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2002
- American Bar Association, House of Delegate, Member, 2015-2016
- SCRIBES, the Society of Legal Writers, Member
- Editor-in-Chief of the DCBA Brief, 2010-2011
- Member, American Society of Trial Consultants, 2000-2015
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2006
- DuPage County Bar Association, Lawyer of the Year, 2010-2011
- DuPage County Bar Association, Budget Committee, Chair, 2015-2016
- DuPage County Bar Association, Editorial Board, Member, 2004-2013
- B.A, Roosevelt University Chicago, 1987
- J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 1990
- Board of Directors Award, DuPage County Bar Association, 2008
- "Illinois Super Lawyer", 2005, 2008-2019
- A.V. Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 2005-2019
- Mr. Donner was among the first moot court team coaches to be recognized by the newly formed Moot Court Board in 1999, a group he also worked with as one of their first faculty advisors., Guest of Honor (Coach of the Year), Moot Court Board, Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 1999
- Lawyer of the Year, DuPage County Bar Association, 2011
- Author, Attorneys Practice Guide to Negotiations, 2nd Ed., Thomson West, 2015
- Author, Jury Selection: Strategy & Science, 3d Ed., Thomson-West, 2017
- Mr. Donner serves as a volunteer for the DCBA's Ask a Lawyer program at the DuPage County Judicial Center, an organization he first worked with Dave Clark and other members of the DCBA Public Interest and Education Commission to form in 2017., 2019
- Mr. Donner was a member of the founding task force for the DuPage County Bar Association's Public Interest and Education Commission, which later entered into an agreement with the Public Interest Law Initiative to serve as the 18th Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee. He served as vice chair in 2018-2019 and chair in 2019-2020. The Commission works with pro bono and pro se assistance groups throughout DuPage County., 2019
- Super Lawyers: 2005, 2008 - 2023