William J. Stogsdill
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Wheaton, IL
- Free Consultation
An attorney at The Stogsdill Law Firm, P.C., William J. Stogsdill has developed a reputation as an excellent family law attorney. From the firm’s office in Wheaton, Illinois, he provides representation to clients in DuPage, Kendall, Will and Kane counties who are going through a divorce and who need assistance with related issues such as complex property division, child custody and visitation, and alimony and child support. Other family law matters that he has handled have included paternity disputes, the preparation and review of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, and the obtaining of protective orders for clients who have been the victim of domestic violence.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Stogsdill attended Clemson University, where he majored in financial management and obtained a Bachelor of Science cum laude in 2005. He then pursued his legal education at The John Marshall Law School in Chicago and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 2009. While there, he was a member of its Moot Court Honors Council, one of the school’s five honors programs.
After graduation, Mr. Stogsdill joined the DuPage County State's Attorney's office, serving as an assistant state’s attorney until joining his current firm in 2012. Admitted to practice before all Illinois and Florida state courts, he is highly regarded by his fellow professionals, as attested to by his receipt of a “Superb” peer review rating through Avvo. He is a member of several legal organizations, including the DuPage County Bar Association.
About William J. Stogsdill
First Admitted: 2009, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.stogsdilllaw.com/attorneys/william-j-stogsdill
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Leading Lawyers, Emerging Lawyer - Family Law 2018-2020.
- Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2016-2021
- Best Under 40, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2015-2017
- Outstanding Service to the Office of the State’s Attorney, 2012
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board Member, Ambassadors for Vision
- Clemson University, B.S., Financial Management, Cum Laude, 2005
- Co-Author, Division of Retirement Benefits in Dissolution Proceedings, Illinois State Bar Association Family Law Handbook, 2011
- Faculty, IICLE Business Valuation, Financial & Tax Issues in Divorce 2018 Seminar, January 2018, 2018
- Member, DuPage County Bar Association
- Member, Florida Bar Association
- Presenter - DuPage County Bar Association Guardian Ad Litem Training, January 2018, 2018
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois, 2009
- Member, Robert E. Jones AIC of DuPage County
- Guardian ad Litem
- Florida, 2011
- Previous Member, Young Lawyers Committee, DuPage County Bar Association
Last Updated: 8/11/2022