Patrick A. Ziepolt
Top rated business litigation attorney in Bloomington, IndianaMallor Grodner LLP
Patrick A. Ziepolt is an attorney at the law firm of Mallor Grodner LLP in Indianapolis, Indiana, where he primarily practices business litigation. He represents attorneys, law firms and other clients in Indianapolis and throughout central Indiana.
In addition, Mr. Ziepolt handles cases involving professional liability, professional malpractice, professional ethics matters, professional licensing matters, government and utilities, and business and commercial litigation. After helping clients resolve issues in these areas of the law for a number of years, he draws on his experience and accumulated knowledge to provide professional, efficient and effective legal solutions for his clients.
Away from his law practice, Mr. Ziepolt is a respected member of the legal profession and active in the Indiana legal community. He serves on the Legal Ethics Committee of the Indiana State Bar Association and is a member of the Indianapolis Bar Association.
Mr. Ziepolt earned a bachelor’s degree in computer science from Amherst College in Amherst, Massachusetts, before going on to graduate magna cum laude from Indiana University Maurer School of Law in Bloomington, Indiana. While pursuing his law degree, he was a member of the Indiana Law Journal and participated in the Sherman Minton Moot Court Competition.
Following law school, Mr. Ziepolt took and passed the Indiana bar examination and received his license to practice law. He is qualified to appear before all Indiana state courts. Prior to joining Mallor Grodner LLP, he spent approximately 10 years practicing law at two other private firms and clerked for a judge sitting on the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana.
Practice areasBusiness litigation
First Admitted: 2010, Indiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.lawmg.com/attorney/ziepolt-patrick-a/
- Indiana Rising Stars, 2014-20
- Order of the Coif; Scribe Award for Excellence in Legal Writing, Indiana University Maurer School of Law – Bloomington, Indiana
- Author, Social Media and Ethics, Indiana Lawyer, October 12, 2011
- Editorial Staff, Indiana Law Journal; Sherman Minton Moot Court Board (Oral Advocacy Honors), Indiana University Maurer School of Law
- Author, Shoring Up the Litigation Budget: Why Banks are Using Arbitration Clauses, Newsletter, August 30, 2011
- Presenter, Legal Ethics: Top Challenges, National Business Institute, December 16, 2015.
- Presenter, Ethics and Social Media, National Business Institute, December 20, 2011
- Presenter, Virtual Law Office and Interstate Practice of Law, National Business Institute, December 21, 2012
- Presenter, Professional Responsibility & Ethical Practice, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum (ICLEF), August 26, 2013
- Presenter, Going Paperless and Beyond: Attorney’s Guide to a Mobile Law Practice, National Business Institute, October 10, 2013
- Presenter, Illustrated Ethics, National Business Institute, December 17, 2013
- Author, Developments in Professional Responsibility, Indiana Law Review, Volume 47, 2014
- Presenter, The Attorney Discipline Process and Developments in Ethics Law, Wabash Valley Community Foundation, October 30, 2014
- Moderator, Ethics: Changes in Law, Regulations, and Policy, BGD Legislative Conference, December 4, 2014
- Presenter, Legal Ethics of Evidence, National Business Institute, December 17, 2014.
- Moderator, Selling or Closing Your Firm – Making the Right Financial, Ethical, and Liability Decisions, ISBA Annual Meeting, October 8, 2015.
- Indianapolis Bar Association, General Member
- Indiana State Bar Association, Legal Ethics Committee Member
- B.A., Computer Science, Amherst College
Office location for Patrick A. Ziepolt
511 Woodscrest Drive
Bloomington, IN 47401
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2023