Amy E. Higdon
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Carmel, IN
Selected to Rising Stars: 2009 - 2015
Attorney Amy E. Higdon is a partner with the Cross Glazier Reed Burroughs, PC, law firm in Carmel, Indiana. Certified as a Family Law Specialist by the Family Law Certification Board, Ms. Higdon focuses her practice almost exclusively on family law and domestic relations issues. She has more than 20 years of experience representing the rights and interests of those going through a divorce, working diligently to help them achieve the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve.
Highly trained in collaborative law, Ms. Higdon strives to help her clients resolve their conflicts and reach agreements with regard to child custody and support, property division, and all other related matters in the most efficient and amicable manner possible. She also has extensive experience handling paternity matters as well as assisting with modifications of existing court orders.
Fully committed to her practice, Ms. Higdon sits on the board of the Central Indiana Association of Collaborative Professionals, and she serves on the Indiana State Bar Association's Family and Juvenile Law Section Council. She is also an active member of the Hamilton County Bar Association and the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, and she is a Fellow with the Indiana Bar Foundation.
A 1996 summa cum laude graduate of Ball State University, Ms. Higdon attended Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, where she obtained her Juris Doctor cum laude in 1999. The Indiana State Bar Association admitted her to practice that same year, and she is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana.
Along with maintaining a successful legal practice, Ms. Higdon supports her local community through her involvement with various civic and charitable organizations. Of note, she previously served on the board of the Lupus Foundation of America's Indiana Chapter for several years.
About Amy E. Higdon
First Admitted: 1999, Indiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.cgblawfirm.com/About/Amy-E-Higdon.shtml
- Ball State University , Muncie, Indiana, B.S. in Political Science with summa cum laude - 1996
- Super Lawyers* 2019 *Super Lawyers & Rising Star criteria: superlawyers.com/about
- Fellow, Indiana Bar Foundation
- Super Lawyers - Rising Star* 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Pro bono/Community Service
- Lupus Foundation of America, Indiana Chapter, Board Member , 2016 - 2018
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1999
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1999
- Indiana, 1999
- Central Indiana Association of Collaborative Professionals, Board Member, 2017
- ISBA Family & Juvenile Law Section Council, Member, 2017
- Indiana State and Hamilton County Bar Associations
- Certified Family Law Specialist, Certified by the Family Law Certification Board, 2009
- Indiana Law Review - Recent Developments In Indiana Family Law, Co-Author, Recent Developments In Indiana Family Law, Indiana Law Review, 2015
Last Updated: 5/15/2022