Jenna L. Heavner
Top rated Family Law attorney in Carmel, IndianaCoots Henke & Wheeler, P.C.
Practice Areas: Family Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Estate Planning & Probate
Licensed in Indiana since: 2012
Jenna L. Heavner is a Certified Family Law Specialist, as certified by the Family Law Certification Board. She focuses her practice on a full range of family law issues, including high asset and complex divorce, asset valuation and division, separation, child custody, parenting time issues, child support, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, cohabitation agreements, guardianship, adoption, protective orders, paternity, and trusts and estate planning matters. She is equipped and skilled at handling complex cases, both in and out of the courtroom, to help clients receive the most optimal results possible. Jenna enjoys getting to know her clients and ensures client needs are a priority.
Jenna is a top-rated family law attorney in Indianapolis, having been selected both as a Super Lawyer and Best Lawyers ONES TO WATCH for her high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Jenna also is a registered Domestic Relations Mediator, a trained Parenting Coordinator, serves as a Court-appointed Guardian ad Litem for children, and she is a trained collaborative professional. Though highly skilled in the courtroom, Jenna credits her training as a mediator and collaborative professional for her comprehensive and creative approach to the practice of family law.
Jenna has served as Chair of the Family Law Section of the Indianapolis Bar Association and continues to be actively involved with the Indianapolis Bar Association, Hamilton County Bar Association, and Indiana Bar Association.
First Admitted: 2012, Indiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.chwlaw.com/attorneys/jenna-l-heavner/
- Indiana State Bar Association, Family Law Section and Women in the Law Committee
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Family Law Section – Executive Committee Member
- A.S., Vincennes University, summa cum laude
- B.S. Indiana University Purdue University – Indianapolis, with highest honors
- B.A. Indiana University Purdue University – Indianapolis, with highest honors
- Certified Family Law Specialist, by the Family Law Certification Board, 2021
- Registered Family Law Mediator, 2019
- , The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, 2022 Edition, Family Law, Best Lawyers, 2022
- Registered Family Law Mediator and has also completed Parenting Coordinator training
- Super Lawyers: 2023 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2022