Top rated Tax attorney in Fishers, IndianaCamden & Meridew, P.C.
Practice Areas: Tax, Family Law, General Litigation; view more
Licensed in Indiana since: 2007
Education: Michigan State University College of Law
Languages Spoken: English, French, Hebrew
Our office remains open, and in response to COVID-19 we have expanded our options for remote consultations and virtual meetings. Please contact our office to discuss what meeting option best fits your situation. Call 317-770-0000.
Camden & Meridew, P.C.10412 Allisonville Rd
Fishers, IN 46038 Visit website
A partner at the firm of Camden & Meridew PC, located in Fishers, Indiana, Julie A. Camden serves clients throughout the state as well as in Michigan, Illinois and Florida in matters involving bankruptcy and litigation. She has additionally helped clients with litigation in matters concerning family law, debt settlement, tax law and mortgage foreclosure defense.
Ms. Camden attended Butler University, where she received her Bachelor of Science in computer science in 1998. She then went on to obtain her Juris Doctor from Michigan State University College of Law in 2006. Due to her academic excellence, she was on the dean's list and honor roll at both schools.
Ms. Camden is admitted to practice before the state courts of Illinois, Indiana, Florida and Michigan. She is also admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana, the United States Tax Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit. Recently, she prevailed on a tax/bankruptcy issue at the 7th Circuit. There is a chance this case could be heard by the U.S. Supreme Court. Ms. Camden also prevailed on an adoption case at the Indiana Supreme Court recently. Julie recently won a case at the Indiana Supreme Court.
Julie is also licensed in multiple states and frequently argues cases in Illinois, Michigan, and Florida.
Julie also spoke at French Lick, Indiana on June 4, 2021 on tax tips for small business owners.
In order to keep up-to-date in her practice, Ms. Camden holds membership in a number of legal organizations. She is a member of the Indianapolis Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Indiana State Bar Association and the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association. She is also a member of the National Conference of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys and a judge pro tempore on the Marion Supreme Court. Ms. Camden has also helped to spread her knowledge of law, through multiple speaking engagements focused on bankruptcy, technology in law and business. In her spare time, she enjoys giving back to the community. She also volunteers as a Kids’ Voice Guardian ad Litem and volunteers for the Indianapolis Children's Choir. Julie is also a Guardian ad Litem for the Hamilton County program.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
We offer thirty minute free consultations for all areas of law, except tax.
Practice areasTax: Consumer, Family Law, General Litigation
Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Litigation, Tax Law
- 50% Tax: Consumer
- 30% Family Law
- 20% General Litigation
First Admitted: 2007, Indiana
Professional Webpage: http://www.camlawyers.com/attorneys/julie-a-camden/
- Ball State University, Architectural Student on the Presidential Scholarship
- Butler University, Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Honors: One of three individuals having a 3.75 GPA at commencement
- Lansing Bar Journal, “Tax Consequences of the Mileage Deduction with the IRS.”
- I spoke about the changes in the tax code. , Tax Speaker, Hancock County Bar Association, Hancock County Bar Association, 2018
- I spoke on changes in the tax law. , Speaker, Tax Law Changes, ISBA, IBA, Family Law, , 2018
- Lecturer, Butler University, “Automobile buying and Leasing for Graduating Seniors", 1998-2005
- Admitted to the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, and went for a client's case in 2017., 2015
- Admitted to the United States Supreme Court. , 2016
- Admitted to the Florida Bar., 2016
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Admitted to the Illinois Bar, 2012
- GP, Solo, and Small Firm Section
- Admitted to the Michigan Bar
- United States Tax Court, 2008
- American Bar Association
- Family Law Section
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, 2007
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- Indiana Supreme Court, 2007
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, 2007
- Co-Technology Chair - Indianapolis Bar Association, Small Business and Solo Section, 2011
- trained as a mediator for civil litigation, 2016
- trained as an arbitrator, 2018
- Specialty License - United States Tax Court, 2008
- I was a guardian ad litem for children in need, and spent more than three days in court testifying without any fee, to help protect children. , Kids' Voice GAL Volunteer of the Year, Kids' Voice, 2017
- I received the award for being the family law attorney of the month. This is for service in the community, and helping individuals such as judges and attorneys., Family Law Attorney of the Month, Indianapolis Bar Association, 2020
- Full scholarship to Ball State University’s Architectural School
- First Place Nationally in the American Bar Association’s “Tax Challenge”
- This is a jurisdictional issue on whether the tax court or bankruptcy court has jurisdiction. The issue in this matter was also determined to be that taxes can be discharged in bankruptcy. , 2020
- J.P. v. V.B. - An adoption was granted without a parent's consent at the trial court level. It was reversed by the appellate court. In a 5-0 decision, the Supreme Court reversed the appellate court and agreed with the trial court., 2021
- Herman Jeffrey Baker v. Automotive Finance Corp. - in this case the trial court erred and gave AFC monies it was not entitled to. The appellate court reversed the improper charges to Baker., 2021
- United State of America (IRS) v. Bush, 2016
- AT&T v. James Williams - 55D01-1007-PL-0383, 2011
- Teresa Spencer v. City of Anderson and Kris Ockomon 1:11-cv-1005-WTL-DML - $128,000, 2012
- Kids' Voice guardian ad litem to assist with figuring out the best interests of children., 2022
- National Conference of Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA), 2020
- Hamilton county GAL, 2020
- Kids' Voice GAL Volunteer of the year., 2017
- Indianapolis Children’s Choir, Volunteer, 2003-2008
- National Independent Auto Dealers Association, Member, 1998-2005
- Youth for Understanding Volunteer Indianapolis, 2003
- Better Business, Member, 1998-2005
- Indiana Independent Auto Dealers Association, Member, 2000-2005
- Kids Voice Guardian Ad Litem, Volunteer since 2007., 2020
- Judge Pro Tempore, Marion Superior Court, 2011
- Individuals And Businesses
Office location for Julie Camden
10412 Allisonville Rd
Fishers, IN 46038
- Super Lawyers: 2018, 2021 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2017