Rex Lee Patterson
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Fort Wayne, IN
- Free Consultation
Rex Lee Patterson is the founder of Patterson Law LLC in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Mr. Patterson is a family law attorney with over a decade of experience and represents clients throughout Indiana.
Certified as a family law specialist by the Indiana State Bar Association Family Law Certification Board, Mr. Patterson has experience working with divorce, child custody, adoption, alimony, child support, guardianship, prenuptial agreements, visitation and other issues. He is a registered family law mediator and serves as a guardian ad litem and parenting coordinator.
In addition to family law, Mr. Patterson has experience with estate planning, personal injury, criminal defense, and real estate law. He helps clients with both Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcies, assists with estate planning matters such as drafting wills. He also has experience in personal injury law, arguing on behalf of clients in cases involving automobile accidents, catastrophic injury and wrongful death.
An active contributor to his legal community, Mr. Patterson belongs to the Allen County Bar Association, where he is a member of the family law section. He is a member of the DeKalb County Bar Association and the Noble County Bar Association, where he serves as treasurer. He is also active in the Indiana State Bar Association’s Family & Juvenile Law Section and Personal Injury Section.
After graduating from Ball State University with a bachelor’s degree, Mr. Patterson earned his law degree from Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law. He holds a license to practice law before all Indiana state courts and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana. Following law school, he practiced at a private firm before opening his own firm in 2012.
- 80%Family Law
- 10%Estate Planning & Probate
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Father's Rights, Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills, Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Rising Stars: 2021
About Rex Lee Patterson
First Admitted: 2008, Indiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.pattersonlawllc.com/attorneys/rex-lee-patterson/
- United States District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2008
- Member, Personal Injury Section, Indiana State Bar Association
- Member of Family Law section, Indiana State Bar Association 2012 to Present, 2012
- Indiana, 2008
- Member, DeKalb County Bar Association 2017 to Present, 2017
- Member of Family Law section, Allen County Bar Association 2019 to present, 2019
- Treasurer, Noble County Bar Association 2016 to Present, 2016
- Bellmont High School
- Ball State University, Class of 2004, B.S.
- I represented a plaintiff in a motorcycle personal injury accident that involved complex medical injuries, including traumatic brain injury. After 3 years of gathering medical records and bills, litigation, and mediation, we reached a multi-million dollar settlement for our client against one of the best insurance defense law firms in Indiana. 76C01-1404-CT-000165, Steuben County Circuit Court , 2015
- Parenting Time Coordinator - I have served as a parenting time coordinator in some cases to assist in resolving day to day conflict between parties as it relates to their children, parenting time issues, and decision-making., 2018
- Certified Family Law Specialist, as certified by the Indiana Family Law Certification Board, 2017 to Present, 2017
- Guardian Ad Litem - I have served as a Guardian Ad Litem representing the best interests of children in divorce, CHINS, custody, and other cases from 2016 to Present. Several courts have valued my opinion and expertise in family law in my representation in this capacity, including courts in LaGrange, Noble, and DeKalb counties., 2016
- Registered Family Law Mediator, 2015 to present, 2015
Pro bono/Community Service
- Star 88.3 Radio Station - our office sponsored the Adoption Celebration this year, which celebrates families that have adopted children, are cin the process of adoption, or are considering adoption. This event provides information to the general public about adoption agencies, resources, and laws. , 2020
- I went on a mission trip to Houston Texas to aid in Hurricane Relief with my church, Pathway Community Church. We spent 1-week rebuilding and restoring houses that had been damaged in the hurricane and did not have insurance coverage for hurricanes. We tore out wet, damaged drywall, hung new drywall, mudded, painted, and other restoration during this time. My teenage son went with me., 2017
- Pathway Community Church
- Financial donations to the Fort Wayne Rescue Mission to provide hope to the homeless, poor, sick, and needy each year from 2015 to present. , 2015
- Reduced fee services - I was appointed Guardian Ad Litem on several Child in Need of Services cases, representing children who were removed from their parent's care due to abuse or neglect as to recommendations on placement, services to be provided, and their best interests. These were typically difficult cases that spanned for several years with regular hearings and team meetings. I have been involved in this capacity in these types of cases from 2018 to present. All of these are handled at a reduced billing rate that is 1/6 of my normal hourly billing rate., 2018
- Reduced fee services - I handled court-appointed child support cases on behalf of non-custodial parents that were facing jail time for non-compliance with child support orders. These were all handled at a minimal rate, less than 25% of my normal hourly billing rate. I typically had 15-30 cases per year and provided this service to the Court from 2013 to 2018., 2015
- Financial donation to Chargers Rugby Club for the purchase of a scoreboard for the boys and girls high school rugby team, 2020
- Pro Bono legal services, Volunteer Lawyer Program of Northeast Indiana Averaged 5-10 cases, and approximately 50 hours of pro bono litigation legal services each year from 2014 to Present., 2014
- Selected as one of the 10 Best Attorneys in Indiana family law for exceptional and outstanding client service. , 10 Best Attorneys - Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2021
- , Top 10 Family Law Attorney Under 40 Years Old in the State of Indiana, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, 2020
- , Top Family Law Attorney - 2nd Place, Fort Wayne Newspapers Readers' Choice, 2020
- Top 18 Personal Injury Attorneys serving Fort Wayne out of 190, scored based on more than 25 variables across five categories: 1) Reputation; 2) Credibility; 3) Experience; 4) Availability; 5) Professionalism., Best Personal Injury Attorneys in Fort Wayne, Expertise, 2020
- Top 22 Divorce Lawyers serving Fort Wayne out of 149, based on 25 variables across 5 categories: 1) Reputation; 2) Credibility; 3) Experience; 4) Availability; and 5) Professionalism., Best Divorce Lawyers in Fort Wayne, Expertise, 2020
- Top 9 Car accident lawyers in Fort Wayne based on 25 variables across 5 categories: 1) Reputation; 2) Credibility; 3) Experience; 4) Availability; and 5) Professionalism. https://www.expertise.com/in/fort-wayne/car-accident-lawyers, Best Car Accident Lawyers in Fort Wayne, Expertise, 2019
- Real Estate
Last Updated: 5/15/2022