Amy L. Stewart
Top rated Family Law attorney in Indianapolis, IndianaMallor | Grodner Attorneys
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in Indiana since: 1999
Education: Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
Mallor | Grodner Attorneys101 West Ohio Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204-1998 Visit website
Amy L. Stewart is an attorney at Mallor Grodner LLP, located in Indianapolis and Bloomington, Indiana. Focusing her practice on family law, she represents clients throughout the state in matters involving divorce, child custody, prenuptial agreements, paternity and child support as well as domestic partnerships, property division, cohabitation and postnuptial agreements. Her divorce practice involves mediation and collaborative law as well as litigation. Former or current clients have included professional athletes, celebrities, community leaders and professionals in the medical, legal and financial fields.
After receiving a Bachelor of Science with high distinction from Indiana University, Bloomington in 1986, Ms. Stewart worked for various state agencies for several years before going on to attend Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law for her legal education. She was awarded her Juris Doctor in 1999, graduating summa cum laude and serving as the valedictorian of her class. Ms. Stewart was a partner at a large Indianapolis law firm before joining Mallor Grodner LLP in 2014.
In 2013, Ms. Stewart was one of only 30 professionals selected to participate in the first International Academy of Collaborative Professionals’ Leadership Academy. Listed for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, Ms. Stewart has also received an AV Preeminent* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a "Superb" peer-review rating through Avvo.
Admitted to practice in Indiana, Ms. Stewart is a member of the Indiana State Bar Association, the Indianapolis Bar Association, the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts and the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals Leadership Development Committee. Active in her community as well, she is a member of the board of directors of both Peace Learning Center and Fall Creek Little League as well as a former trustee of Vincennes University.
AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Father's Rights, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 1999, Indiana
Professional Webpage: http://www.lawmg.com/mgattorneys/amy-l-stewart/
- , Named to the Indiana Super Lawyers® list, Family Law, 2004-2009, 2018-2023; Top 25 Female Attorneys, 2006, Super Lawyers®
- , Recognized by Best Lawyers®, Family Law 2013-2023; Collaborative Law– Family Law 2017-2023; 2020 Lawyer of the Year for Family Law, Indianapolis Area, The Best Lawyers in America®
- , One of thirty professionals worldwide selected to participate in the inaugural International Academy of Collaborative Professionals’ Leadership Academy, 2013-2014, International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating
- , Sagamore of the Wabash, awarded by Governor Frank O’Bannon, Governor Frank O’Bannon
- Vincennes University, Trustee, 2002-2004
- Fall Creek Little League, Board of Directors (Secretary)
- Peace Learning Center, Board of Directors
- Indiana State Bar, 1999
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Leadership Development Committee
- Collaborative Practice, Mediation
- Indiana University, Bachelor of Science, Business Analysis with High Distinction, 1986
Office location for Amy L. Stewart
101 West Ohio Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204-1998
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2009, 2018 - 2023