Elisabeth M. Edwards
Top rated family law attorney in Indianapolis, IndianaWanzer Edwards PC
Practice Areas: Family law, Alternative dispute resolution; view more
Licensed in Indiana since: 2003
Attorney Elisabeth M. Edwards is a founding partner with Wanzer Edwards, PC, law firm in Indianapolis, Indiana. A top-ranked lawyer with more than 17 years of total legal experience, Ms. Edwards focuses her practice solely on family law, and she provides exceptional counsel and support to clients across the state who are going through a divorce or have some other legal issue affecting their families.
A registered mediator and parenting coordinator and highly trained in collaborative law, Ms. Edwards prefers to help her clients resolve their conflicts and reach favorable agreements in the most efficient and effective manner possible. Along with handling all aspects of her clients' divorces, she also handles a variety of other family-related matters, such as basic estate planning, guardianships, adoptions and more.
No matter the issues her clients are facing, Ms. Edwards maintains an unwavering focus on their needs as she works hard to help them achieve their goals as cost-effectively as possible. Honored for her outstanding professionalism and service, she has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from her peers, including an Up and Coming designation from The Indiana Lawyer magazine. She has also received numerous testimonials and referrals from her satisfied clients.
A 1998 graduate of Hanover College, Ms. Edwards attended Indiana University's Robert H. McKinney School of Law, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 2002. She is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana.
A leader in her legal community, Ms. Edwards is a 2007 graduate of the IndyBar Bar Leader Series, Class IV, and she has served on the organization's Bar Leader Series Steering Committee. She is also a member of the organization's Family Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution Sections, and she has served on the Indianapolis Bar Association's board of directors as well as a number of the association's committees.
Ms. Edwards is also active with the Indianapolis Bar Foundation and currently serves as counsel to its board. She has also served as president and vice president of the Hendricks County Bar Association as well as for the Central Indiana Association of Collaborative Professionals, where she currently serves as treasurer. Moreover, she routinely conducts lectures and continuing legal education seminars across her region on a variety of family law topics, and she has appeared on numerous television and news programs, where she has offered in-depth legal commentary on various subjects.
Practice areasFamily law, Alternative dispute resolution
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Name change, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law, Father's rights, Arbitration, Mediation
- 70% Family law
- 30% Alternative dispute resolution
First Admitted: 2003, Indiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.wanzeredwards.com/who-we-are/elisabeth-edwards/
- Judges and Lawyers Assistance Program, Volunteer 2003-Present
- Kids' Voice of Indiana, Inc., Guardian ad Litem Volunteer, 2004-Present
- Secretary to the Board of Directors for the Avon Junior Athletic Association
- Protective Order Pro Bono Project of Greater Indianapolis, Inc., Board of Directors: Secretary, 2002-2004, Vice President, 2005, and President, 2006-2007
- Member of the Indianapolis Bar Association, Family Law Section, and the Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
- Indianapolis Bar Association and Foundation. Pro Bono Standing Committee, 2005-2008; Bar Leader Series, Class IV Graduate and Scholarship Recipient, 2007, Steering Committee 2007-2010; Co-Chair, Bench Bar Committee, 2008; Board of Directors, At-Large Member, 2009-2012, 2015-2017; Ask a Lawyer and Legal Lines Volunteer; Editor, Family Law Section, Commonly Asked Questions About Indiana Law: A guide for Pro Bono Service, 2005, 2007, 2008; ADR Section Executive Committee 2008-2012 (Chair, 2011); Membership Committee, 2013; IBF, Various Committees, Board of Directors: Gala Chair, Counsel to the Board (2020), Treasurer (2021), President-Elect (2022).
- Hanover College, Hanover, Indiana, B.A., (Major: English, Minor: History)
- Received Silver Level Distinction at graduation from Indiana University School of Law -- Indianapolis for providing 100-199 hours of pro bono service while in law school
- Hanover College Distinguished Young Alumni Award, 2016
- Numerous seminars through ICLEF, NBI, Half Moon, and IBA, 2003-Present
- Co-author for the Indiana Lawyer, the Indianapolis Bar Association and Indianapolis Bar Record
- The Up and Coming Lawyer Award honors 15 lawyers from around the state who are early in their legal careers but have already demonstrated a knack for leadership and for making an impact, and have all the makings of distinguished barristers in the future, Leadership in Law, Up and Coming Lawyer Award, Indiana Lawyer / Indiana Business Journal, 2008
Office location for Elisabeth M. Edwards
150 W Market St
Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2016