Holly J. Wanzer
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Indianapolis, IN
Selected to Rising Stars: 2011 - 2013
Attorney Holly J. Wanzer is a founding partner with Wanzer Edwards, PC, law firm in Indianapolis, Indiana. A highly accomplished and top-ranked lawyer, Ms. Wanzer has more than 21 years of total legal experience, and she provides exceptional counsel and support to clients throughout the greater Indianapolis metro and all across the state who have a serious legal issue affecting their families.
Focusing primarily on family law and divorce, Ms. Wanzer has achieved remarkable success guiding her clients through the divorce process and helping them make the best-informed decisions regarding child custody and support, alimony, property division and other related matters. A registered mediator and trained in collaborative law, she prefers to help her clients resolve their conflicts and reach favorable agreements without the need for expensive, stressful and time-consuming litigation; however, she will not hesitate to take her clients' issues to court when necessary.
Among her other legal credentials, Ms. Wanzer is a trained Parenting Coordinator, and she routinely serves as guardian ad litem in contentious custody proceedings.
Recognized for her impeccable professionalism, Ms. Wanzer has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from her peers, and she is a Life Fellow and Distinguished Fellow with the Indianapolis Bar Foundation. A leader in her field, she helped establish the Central Indiana Association of Collaborative Professionals and served as inaugural president of the organization's board of directors. She has also written extensively and conducted many lectures and continuing legal education seminars on collaborative law.
In addition, Ms. Wanzer currently serves on the Indiana State Bar Association's Women in Law committee, and she serves on the board of the Indianapolis Bar Association and Violence Free Living. She also instructs recent law school graduates on bar review courses through the Indianapolis Bar Association Bar Review Course, and she has served as president of the Indianapolis Bar Foundation.
A 1995 magna cum laude graduate of Ball State University, Ms. Wanzer obtained her Juris Doctor summa cum laude from Indiana University's Robert McKinney School of Law. She is admitted to practice before all Indiana state courts as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana.
- 60%Family Law
- 40%Alternative Dispute Resolution
Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Paternity, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Father's Rights, Arbitration, Mediation
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2013
About Holly J. Wanzer
First Admitted: 1999, Indiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.wanzeredwards.com/who-we-are/holly-wanzer/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Lady Justice program with Girl Scouts of Central Indiana
- Guardian ad Litem in the Marion County Superior courts and with the Marion County Modest Means Mediation program, Volunteer
- Past President of the Indianapolis Bar Foundation
- Board of Directors of Violence Free Living
- Women in Law Committee of the Indiana State Bar Association, Chair
- Collaborative family law process for the ICLEF Masters Series program
- Indianapolis Bar Association Bar Review Course
- “Introduction to Collaborative Divorce” released by James Publishing in 2014
- Indiana State Bar Association’s Solo & Small Firm Conference
- Founding President of the Board of Directors for the Central Indiana Association of Collaborative Professionals
- Board of Directors of the Indianapolis Bar Association
- Ball State University, magna cum laude, Bachelor of Science degree in English and advertising
Last Updated: 8/15/2022