John G. Shubat
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Indianapolis, IN
An attorney with The Nice Law Firm, LLP, John G. Shubat handles cases of legal malpractice and represents clients in Indianapolis, Indiana, and the rest of the state. During his career, he has handled various legal matters for many local civic organizations, and he was one of the Zionsville Education Foundation’s founding members. For his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, he holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Shubat is admitted to practice in the state of Indiana and before the United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana and the United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana. He graduated from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University in 1980, and then moved on to law school. At the Robert McKinney School of Law at Indiana University, he graduated cum laude with his Juris Doctor in 1988.
A member of the American Bar Association, the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, the Indiana State Bar Association and the Indianapolis Bar Association, he spent the first part of his career defending those who had been accused of malpractice. He has now moved on to advocating for those who have been injured by others at the trial court level and appellate court level.
Mr. Shubat is an active member of his community and is on the Board of Elders and the Board of Directors for Traders Point Christian Church. He formerly served on the Board of Directors for Zionsville Community Schools and on the Board of Directors for the Zionsville Education Foundation.
- 60%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 40%Professional Liability: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Legal Malpractice, Ethics & Professional Responsibility
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023
About John G. Shubat
First Admitted: 1988, Indiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.nicelawfirm.com/meet-the-team/john-g-shubat/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Zionsville Optimist Club
- Zionsville Education Foundation, Founding Member
- Indy School of Gymnastics
- Sharp’s Gymnastics Academy
- Zionsville Azionaqua Club, Board of Directors
- Zionsville Emergency Ambulance, Inc.
- Traders Point Christian Church, Board of Elders, 2004 – Present
- Zionsville Education Foundation, Steering Committee, Grants Committee and Board of Directors, 1995 – 2006
- Zionsville Community Schools, Board of School Trustees, 1990 - 1994
- Traders Point Christian Academy, Board of Directors, 1999 – Present
- Indiana University, Robert McKinney School of Law, Indiana Law Review, Note Development Editor, 1987-88
- , AV Peer Review Rating, Martindale Hubble Bar Registry of Preeminent Lawyers
- Indiana University, Kelly School of Business, 1980
- American Bar Association
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- Indiana Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- United States District Courts, Southern and Northern District of Indiana
- Obtained a settlement for full policy limits for an accident victim and a separate policy limits settlement for her unborn child., 2018
- Obtained a settlement exceeding $7.5 million in a child wrongful death action against a trucking company., 2020
Last Updated: 9/16/2022