Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Indianapolis, IndianaChambers Law Office, LLC
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense, DUI-DWI; view more
Licensed in Indiana since: 2008
Education: The University of Toledo College of Law
Chambers Law Office, LLC6612 E 75th St
Indianapolis, IN 46250 Visit website
Julie Chambers is the founder of Chambers Law Office, LLC, located in Indianapolis, Indiana. She focuses her practice primarily on criminal defense and traffic law, providing representation to people throughout the area who have been charged with misdemeanors or felonies ranging from traffic violations to driving under the influence to weapons crimes. Ms. Chambers also assists clients with driver's license suspensions, including petitioning for Specialized Driving Privileges. Additionally, she handles criminal expungement petitions throughout Indiana.
Ms. Chambers obtained her Bachelor of Arts in political science from the University of Michigan in 2003. She then went on to attend The University of Toledo College of Law and was awarded her Juris Doctor with honors in 2007.
Upon her graduation from law school, Ms. Chambers spent several years with the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office in Indianapolis as a deputy prosecuting attorney, where she handled misdemeanors and felonies. While there, she gained significant court experience and acted as secondary or lead prosecutor in numerous jury and bench trials. This experience aided her in her criminal defense practice, as she is often able to anticipate the kinds of arguments that prosecutors might make.
Admitted to practice in Indiana and Michigan, Ms. Chambers is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Northern Districts of Indiana. She is an active participant in several legal organizations, including the Indianapolis Bar Association. Highly regarded by her fellow attorneys, Ms. Chambers has received an "Excellent" peer review rating through Avvo.
In addition to her legal work, in 2018 Ms. Chambers was elected to the Hamilton Southeastern Schools Board of School Trustees to serve a four year term.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, DUI/DWI, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Failure to Pay Child Support, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Parole, Probation, Theft, Traffic Violations
- 50% Criminal Defense
- 50% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
First Admitted: 2007, Michigan
Professional Webpage: http://www.defendindy.com/attorney-profile/
- University of Michigan, B.A. in Political Science, 2003
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Solo & Small Firm Committee Member (2013-2017), 2017
- Selected to participate in the Indiana Federal Community Defenders CJA Development Panel. , 2020
- State of Indiana (Admit Year - 2008)
- State of Michigan (Admit Year - 2007)
- Indianapolis Bar Association Criminal Justice Section - Member , 2018
- United States District Courts for the Southern Districts of Indiana
- State Bar of Michigan, Member, 2007
- United States District Courts for the Northern Districts of Indiana
- Indianapoalis Bar Association - Women & the Law Section - Mentor Program, 2017
- Indy Reads Criminal Justice Legal Literacy Program - Volunteer, 2017
- Selected as a member of Hoosier Women Foward (2nd Class), 2019
- Elected to Hamilton Southeastern Schools Board of School Trustees, 2018
Office location for Julie Chambers
6612 E 75th St
Indianapolis, IN 46250
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2021