Kathryn M. Merritt-Thrasher
Top rated Real Estate attorney in Indianapolis, IndianaLandman Beatty, Lawyers
Practice Areas: Real Estate, Business & Corporate
Licensed in Indiana since: 2012
Kathryn focuses her practice on real estate tax appeals and real property commercial litigation. Kathryn works closely with commercial property owners and managers to ensure property tax appeals are comprehensively pursued from the initial County level to the Indiana Tax Court level.
Kathryn graduated first in her class, summa cum laude, from Ball State University’s Honors College in 2006. She received her Bachelor of Science degree from the Miller College of Business in Corporate Finance with a minor in Economics. While at Ball State, Kathryn was a Financial Executives Institute Scholar, a member of the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, and was an author and presenter at the Eastern Economics Association Conference in New York City, New York.
Kathryn graduated with highest honors from Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business, receiving her Master of Business Administration degree in 2012. While attending the Kelley School, she was inducted into the Beta Gamma Sigma honor society. Kathryn received her law degree, magna cum laude, from Indiana University’s Robert H. McKinney School of Law in 2012. During law school, Kathryn served as a Note Development Editor for the Indiana International and Comparative Law Review. Her student note was published in Volume 21 of the Indiana International and Comparative Law Journal.
Kathryn is a member of the Indiana State Bar Association and the Indianapolis Bar Association. Kathryn is also a Level II certified Assessor-Appraiser. Kathryn is a licensed Real Estate Broker within the State of Indiana.
First Admitted: 2012, Indiana
Professional Webpage: http://www.landmanbeatty.com/
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law Juris DoctorMagna Cum Laude, 2012
- Indiana University Kelley School of Business - Master of Business Administration, 2012
- Hamilton Square Investments v. Hamilton County Assessor, 60 N.E.3d 313 (Ind. T.C. 2016), trans. denied, No. 49T10-1505-TA-18, 2017WL 1900323 (Ind. May 2, 2017)., 2017
- Riley-Roberts Park, LP v. O'Connor, No. 21T-TA-00024, 2022 WL 816266 (Ind. Tax Ct. Mar. 18, 2022), 2022
- Commercial Real Estate Brokerage
- Commercial Real Estate Litigation
- Commercial Real Estate Tax Appeals
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2024