Lisa M. Dillman
Top rated elder law attorney in Indianapolis, IndianaApplegate & Dillman Elder Law
Practice Areas: Elder law, Estate & trust litigation, Estate planning & probate; view more
Licensed in Indiana since: 1995
Lisa M. Dillman is the managing partner at Applegate & Dillman Elder Law in Indianapolis, Indiana. She centers her practice on elder law and is a trustworthy resource for handling the legal needs of older adults and their families. She offers high-caliber legal services to help them make decisions about their end of life, health care and assets, and assists with Medicaid planning, veterans’ benefits, special needs planning, family law matters, estate and probate administration, guardianship and litigation.
With a decade of experience litigating and appealing cases in court, Ms. Dillman is proficient in determining what cases are suitable for mediation or settlement negotiations. She is a registered civil law mediator and tries to downsize her clients’ stress and costs so they can quickly get back to normal operations.
Majoring in American civilization, Ms. Dillman completed her Bachelor of Arts at the University of Illinois in 1992. Later in 1995, she received her Juris Doctor from Indiana University Maurer School of Law, where she was the executive articles editor of Indiana Law Review and a recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award.
Accredited by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs, Ms. Dillman was first licensed to practice law in Indiana in 1995. Additionally, she is qualified to appear before the United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit and the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
Involved in community and bar activities, Ms. Dillman is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, the Indianapolis Bar Association and the Indiana State Bar Association (ISBA) – Elder Law Section. She also serves as the chair of ISBA’s Veterans Affairs Committee and sits on the executive board of Meals on Wheels of Central Indiana, a home-delivered meals program for seniors and individuals with diminished mobility.
Ms. Dillman is honored with several prestigious awards and honors. She was named to the Top 10% of Elder Law Attorneys in the U.S. by Lawyers of Distinction. The American Institute of Family Law Attorneys presented her with the Client Satisfaction Award and listed her among the 10 Best Female Attorneys in Indiana in 2016. Furthermore, she is rated “Very Good” through Avvo.
A skilled and inspiring presenter, Ms. Dillman has participated as a speaker at many seminars and conferences. She has also contributed several written opinions and articles related to her practice area.
Practice areasElder law, Estate & trust litigation, Estate planning & probate, General litigation, Social security disability
Will contests, Estate planning, Guardianships & conservatorships, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills, Litigation
- 30% Elder law
- 20% Estate & trust litigation
- 20% Estate planning & probate
- 20% General litigation
- 10% Social security disability
First Admitted: 1995, Indiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.applegate-dillman.com/team-member/lisa-m-dillman
- Chair, Board of Directors Meals on Wheels Central Indiana
- Member, Board of Directors Pat's Pals Therapy Ranch
- Ardath Burkhart Leadership Series, United Way Central Indiana
- Chair of Strategic Planning Committee Meals on Wheels of Central Indiana
- Vice President of Full Board of Directors Meals on Wheels of Central Indiana
- State of Indiana, 1995; U.S. District Courts, 1995; Southern District Court of Indiana, 1995; Northern District Court of Indiana, 2001; Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, 2016; U.S. Court of Appeals for VeteransClaims, 2017
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Lawyers
- Indiana University School of Law Doctor of Jurisprudence, May 1995 Executive Articles Editor for Indiana Law Review American Jurisprudence Award Torts and Secured Transactions, Order of the Barristers, 1995
- University of Illinois Bachelor of Arts in American Civilization Full Athletic Scholarship Women's Volleyball Team Big Ten Conference Champion in 1987, 1988, 1989 NCAA Final Four Participant, 1987 and 1988, 1992
- This is a book that Lisa Dillman co-authored, titled Don't Go Broke in a Nursing Home. , co-author, Don't Go Broke in A Nursing Home, Book, Legal, Financial, Healthcare, 2016
- This is an e-book written by Lisa Dillman titled 5 Common Questions about Long-Term Care Medicaid and Their Surprising Answers., 5 Common Questions about Long-Term Care Medicaid (E-book), Legal, Financial, Healthcare, 2017
- This video is from a conference that Lisa M. Dillman organized for businesses serving an aging population in the state of Indiana., Senior Summit Conference Video, Legal, Financial, Healthcare, 2018
- Recognizing Excellence in Elder Law, Lawyers of Distinction, 2018
- Top 10 Elder Law Attorney, Attorney and Practice Magazine, 2022
- , Super Lawyer in Litigation , Super Lawyers, 2021
- 10 Best Female Attorneys in Indiana, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2016
- , Client Satisfaction Award, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2016
- 10 Best Law Firms in Indiana, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2017
- , Top 10% Elder Law Attorney in the U.S., Lawyers of Distinction, 2017
- Nunally v. Morris, Slip Copy (U.S. District Court, S.D. Ind 2020), 2020
- Roseferin Investments, LLC v. Morris, Slip Copy (U.S. District Court, S.D. Ind 2020), 2020
- Hamdan v. Indiana University Health North Hospital, Inc., 880 F.3d416 (U.S. Ct. App, Seventh Circuit 2018), 2019
- Hamilton v. Steak'n Shake Operations Inc., 92 N.E.3d 336 (ind. Ct. App. 2018), 2018
- Markel Insurance Company v. United Emergency Medical Services, LLC, Not reported in Fed. Rptr. (U.S. Ct. App. Seventh Circuit 2019), 2019
- Registered Civil Mediator ICLEF Civil Mediation Training, 2021
Office location for Lisa M. Dillman
2344 S Tibbs Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46241
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023