Paul O. Mullin
Top Rated Civil Litigation Attorney in Indianapolis, IN
Selected to Rising Stars: 2012 - 2019
- Free Consultation
Paul O. Mullin is an attorney with Lewis and Wilkins LLP law firm in Indianapolis, Indiana. A top-rated trial lawyer with more than 15 years of total legal experience, Mr. Mullin focuses his practice primarily on civil litigation, and he provides exceptional counsel and support to clients throughout the greater Indianapolis metro region and all across the state who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Business and commercial law and litigation
· Real estate law and litigation
· Personal injury plaintiff representation
· Insurance defense
· Government law and litigation
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Mullin has handled dozens of jury trials, and he has achieved remarkable success representing the rights and interests of both plaintiff and defendant clients alike. A highly versatile attorney, he has represented a wide range of clients, including injured individuals, businesses, governments and agencies, and others, and he has obtained favorable outcomes for his clients dealing with serious and complex legal challenges involving construction design defects, wrongful death, defamation, assault and battery, medical malpractice, and more.
Along with handling individual claims, Mr. Mullin has extensive experience with class actions and mass torts, and he successfully represented various agencies in Indiana, including the State Fair Commission, the Indiana Department of Homeland Security, and the Indiana State Police in the high-profile roof collapse at the Indiana State Fair. From his efforts, he was able to resolve more than 60 plaintiff injury claims.
A 2001 graduate of Indiana University Bloomington, Mr. Mullin obtained his Juris Doctor from Valparaiso University School of Law in 2005. While there, he received the Dean’s Distinguished Service Award for his exceptional contributions to the law school. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana.
Early in his legal career, Mr. Mullin served as Assistant Majority Counsel to the Indiana State Senate, and he accepted an appointment to serve on the Indianapolis City Council's Board of Public Safety. He has also served as director for the Brain Injury Association of Indiana, and he is a member of the Defense Trial Counsel Institute and the Indianapolis and Indiana State Bar Associations, among his other professional affiliations.
A leader in his practice areas, Mr. Mullin has published numerous articles and conducted lectures and continuing legal education seminars across his region on a variety of legal topics. He also supports his local community through his involvement with various artistic, civic and charitable organizations in his region.
About Paul O. Mullin
First Admitted: 2005, Indiana
Professional Webpage: http://www.lewisandwilkins.com/staff-item/paul-mullin/
- Paul graduated from Indiana University - Bloomington. , 2001
- Paul has been a member of the Indiana Bar since 2005, 2005
- Northern Indiana. Facility employee alleged to have sexually harassed co-worker. Employee denies allegation. Files suit for defamation against facility. Civil jury trial. Defense outcome., 2018
- Marion County. Visitor at facility gets crushed in hydraulic gate. Defended the facility. Civil jury trial. Verdict much less than final demand., 2018
- Lake County. A car full of people in their twenties left the road way and crashed causing death. Civil jury trial. Defense verdict., 2020
- Allen County. A pedestrian was struck a cross-walk. Allegation of negligent civil engineering. Civil jury trial. Defense verdict., 2019
- Paul gave a CLE on practice tips when defending a client who has a crime occur on their construction project., Speaker , DTCI Annual Meeting. "That's downright criminal" , Construction, 2020
- Paul gave a presentation to Indiana Mayors on how to avoid defaming people in government-sanctioned social media during a statewide conference at French Lick resort. , Panelist , Advance Indiana Municipalities. Annual Ideas Meeting. "Careful with that Tweet" , Mayors, Government, 2018
- Governmental Entities
- Health Care
Last Updated: 5/15/2022