Rachel A. East
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Indianapolis, IN
Rachel A. East is an attorney at Hocker Law LLC, with offices in Indianapolis and Greenwood, Indiana. A highly rated lawyer with more than 10 years of experience, Ms. East devotes her practice primarily to family law and provides exceptional counsel, advocacy and support to clients experiencing legal issues affecting their families.
Along with handling all aspects of family law and divorce, including child custody and support, paternity actions, same-sex family issues, and other related matters, Ms. East also provides invaluable estate planning, probate and guardianship services to help her clients establish and enforce their final wishes for the future while protecting themselves and their loved ones against any future contingencies. She has also successfully handled numerous personal injury and wrongful death cases.
At all turns, Ms. East delivers highly personalized advice with the utmost compassion, respect and integrity. She strives to help her clients achieve their goals and favorable outcomes as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. Honored for her professionalism and service, she has earned accolades from her peers along with many excellent reviews and referrals from satisfied clients.
Ms. East attended Marian University for her undergraduate degree in Psychology and Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, where she obtained her Juris Doctor. Along with practicing before all Indiana state courts, she is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
Active in her legal community, Ms. East is a member of the Sagamore American Inns of Court, Central Indiana Association of Collaborative Professionals and the Indianapolis and Indiana State Bar Associations. She previously served as President of the Board of Directors for Southeast Community Services and remains passionate about the work they do in Southeast Indianapolis.
- 80%Family Law
- 10%Estate Planning & Probate
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights, Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2022
About Rachel A. East
First Admitted: 2009, Indiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.hockerlawfirm.com/attorneys/rachel-east
Pro bono/Community Service
- Kids' Voice, Volunteer Guardian ad Litem
- Southeast Community Services, former President of the Board of Directors
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- Sagamore American Inn of Court, Member
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member
- Central Indiana Association of Collaborative Professionals
- Northern District of Indiana, Federal District Court
- Southern District of Indiana, Federal District Court
- State of Indiana
- Collaboratively Trained Legal Professional, 2018
- Trained Guardian ad Litem, 2020
- Registered Domestic Mediator, 2019
- Certified Family Law Specialist, as certified by the Family Law Certification Board, 2019
Last Updated: 5/15/2022