Roy T. Tabor
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Indianapolis, IN
Attorney Roy T. Tabor is the founding partner of the Tabor Law Firm, LLP, in Indianapolis, Indiana. A nationally ranked trial lawyer with more than 40 years of total legal experience, Mr. Tabor provides unmatched advocacy and support to clients throughout the greater Indianapolis metro and surrounding areas who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Catastrophic injuries
· Wrongful death
· Car accidents
· Truck accidents
· Brain injuries
· Spinal injuries
· Electrocution injuries
· Other serious injuries caused by someone else's negligence or wrongdoing
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Tabor has assisted hundreds of clients with obtaining the full amount of compensation they deserve, and he has secured millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for his plaintiff clients. As a result of his success, he has earned memberships in the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums, and he has received many top rankings and endorsements from his peers.
Among his most notable accolades, Mr. Tabor has received an AV-Preeminent* peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell along with designation as among the Nation's Top One Percent from the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. He has also received a Top 100 Trial Lawyer ranking from the American Trial Lawyers Association as well as perennial designation as among the top lawyers in his region.
A 1975 magna cum laude graduate of Vanderbilt University, Mr. Tabor obtained his Juris Doctor with honors from Indiana University Maurer School of Law in 1979. The Indiana State Bar Association admitted him to practice that same year, and Mr. Tabor has established himself as a leader in his field through his extensive lecturing on various personal injury and wrongful death topics.
Mr. Tabor is also a member of the Indianapolis Bar Association, the Indiana State Bar Association, the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association for Justice. He is also a founding member of the AARP Legal Services Program and Approved Personal Injury Counsel for UAW Legal Services. He also serves as President of the Andrew P. Winzenread and Gary Dudley Memorial Scholarship Funds.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Roy T. Tabor
First Admitted: 1979, Indiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.taborlawfirm.com/our-team/roy-t-tabor/
- Included in the Best Attorneys of America
- Honored in 2012 as one of the preeminent plaintiffs’ litigation practitioners in the country by Benchmark Plaintiff
- One of three Indiana lawyers to be honored with the distinction of Law Dragon
- One of few members of the National Advisory Board of APITLA (Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers)
- Selected for inclusion in the Indiana Super Lawyers® list
- Selected to the 2015 list of the Nation’s Top One Percent of attorneys by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Named one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the American Trial Lawyers Association
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, Board Member Emeritus
- AV Preeminent® Peer-Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, 2017
- Indiana College of Advocacy, Fellow
- Indiana, 1979
- Bicycle Indiana Board Member, 2017-Present
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, 2017
- Board Member Emeritus, Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- Founding Member, AARP Legal Services Program
- Member, State Advisory Board, Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America (APITLA)
- Member, National Advisory Board, Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America (APITLA)
- Our client was driving northbound on I-69 in Delaware County when he came upon a line of traffic stopped in the roadway as a result of an earlier collision. Our client timely stopped his vehicle, however a semi-tractor trailer traveling behind him did not slow down or brake as he approached the stopped traffic. Consequently, the semi-tractor trailer crashed into the rear of our client's vehicle, crushing it and pinning our client in the wreckage where he died. Anthony left behind a wife and four children, whom Tabor Law Firm represented in a wrongful death action against the trucking company and its driver. Through our representation, the family received a seven-figure settlement from Defendants.
- Our clients, a family of five, were occupying a Honda Accord which was stopped for a red light on South Harding Street in Indianapolis when a semi-tractor and flatbed truck being driven by an employee of an anonymous trash service slammed into the rear of their Honda at a speed of 40 miles per hour. Our client's vehicle was crushed by the weight of the 70,000 pound trash truck. The family's three year old child was the most seriously injured, suffering a traumatic brain injury among other injuries. Tabor Law Firm represented and assisted the victims of this crash in obtaining a settlement with the anonymous trash service, including a seven-figure settlement for the child.
- Tabor Law Firm represented a widow after her husband sustained massive injuries and subsequently died after a Hummer slammed into his vehicle. The driver of the Hummer failed to stop for a funeral procession and unlawfully entered the intersection through which our client's husband was crossing, resulting in a severe collision. With representation from Tabor Law Firm, the widow was able to recover a seven-figure sum in the claim for her husband's wrongful death.
- Speaker and Author, Indiana Tort Law Update, Indiana University, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum
- Frequent Lecturer, Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation, National Education Network
- Frequent Lecturer, Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation, National Business Institute
- Frequent Lecturer, Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation, Lorman Education Service
- Frequent Lecturer, Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation, Indiana University Trial Advocacy Program
- Frequent Lecturer and Speaker, Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum
Pro bono/Community Service
- Approved Personal Injury Counsel, UAW Legal Services
- President, Gary E. Dudley Memorial Foundation
- Counsels Members of the Legal Club of America
- President, Andrew C. Winzenread Scholarship Fund
- Board Member, President, Gary W. Henderson Scholarship Fund
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, B.A. in Honors Program of American Studies, magna cum laude; Vanderbilt Scholastic Scholarship; Vanderbilt Honor Council; and Standing Committee on Academic Standards and Procedures, 1975
- If you or a loved one has been involved in a semi-truck collision in Indiana, call Tabor Law Firm as soon as possib… https://t.co/V7s0W6SXrI
- Our attorneys can provide you with the representation you want and need. If you need help, please give us a call a… https://t.co/1SL9EvXhI0
- Now that riding season has arrived, check out the 2022 Bicycle Indiana Resource Guide for tips and upcoming events… https://t.co/mZt3uGCcu4
- With over a century of combined experience, our Indianapolis attorneys are committed to helping victims of negligen… https://t.co/Bx8KhniEfE
- Our Indianapolis medical malpractice attorneys are ready to fight for the recovery you deserve. Call Us at 317-236… https://t.co/AWjHIHMnU5
Last Updated: 5/24/2022