Sandra L. Blevins
Top rated employment litigation attorney in Indianapolis, IndianaBetz + Blevins
Practice Areas: Employment litigation, Employment & labor, Civil rights; view more
Licensed in Indiana since: 1996
Sandra L. Blevins is the managing partner at Betz + Blevins in Indianapolis, Indiana. With over 25 years of legal experience and serving clients throughout the State of Indiana, she takes on cases involving employment and labor law, civil rights, and general litigation on behalf of individuals.
Ms. Blevins has extensive experience fighting for her clients in matters involving ERISA, trade secrets, contracts, non-compete agreements and civil rights. She has advocated for individuals subjected to discrimination under the Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and related statutes.
Ms. Blevins believes in making a difference in the lives of her clients by helping create a just work environment. Ms. Blevins is a compassionate and empathetic attorney, ready to go the extra mile for her clients. She is well aware of the psychological and emotional impact of discrimination and other wrongs in the workplace. She vigorously advocates for her clients’ rights and needs.
Ms. Blevins obtained her bachelor’s degree with a major in English from The Ohio State University and obtained her Juris Doctor from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law.
Active in the legal field, Ms. Blevins is a member of the 7th Circuit Bar Association, Indianapolis Bar Association, and National Employment Lawyers Association, both the national association and Indiana local chapter. She was a past board member and president of the Indiana Chapter of the National Employment Lawyers Association.
Ms. Blevins provides large-firm quality legal services with small-firm personal service. She has obtained several large dollar verdicts on behalf of her clients. For her remarkable work in the legal field, Ms. Blevins has a “Superb” rating on Avvo and numerous endorsements from clients.
Ms. Blevins is licensed to practice in all courts in the state of Indiana, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, the U.S. District Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit and the Indiana Supreme Court.
Practice areasEmployment litigation: plaintiff, Employment & labor: employee, Civil rights, Constitutional law, Employee benefits, General litigation
Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation, Employment law - employee, Wage & hour laws, Whistleblower, Sexual harassment, Americans with disabilities act, Police misconduct, Race discrimination, Disability, Discrimination, Litigation
- 30% Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 30% Employment & labor: employee
- 10% Civil rights
- 10% Constitutional law
- 10% Employee benefits
- 10% General litigation
First Admitted: 1996, Indiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.betzandblevins.com/attorney/blevins-sandra-l/
- Critical Issues Relating to Equal Employment, e-Discovery, 2011
- Employment Law Update, Assn. of Legal Administrators, Indiana Chapter, 2011
- Introduction to Pro Bono Law, Employment Issues, 2005
- State Law Claims for Employees, 2005
- Facing the Challenge of a Diverse Workplace, 2004
- Application of the ADA to the Internet in Indiana, 2001
- Doescher v. Raess, 883 N.E.2d 790 (Ind.2008)
- Burton, et al. v. General Motors Corp., No. 95-1054 (S.D. Ind. Aug. 15, 2008)
- Morgan v. Shelby County, 835 N.E.2d 234 (Ind. Ct. App. 2005)
- Represented physician in breach of contract case against medical group; jury awarded physician $1.58 million in Marion Superior Court, 2016
- Represented individual alleging violations of federal constitutional rights, including malicious prosecution; case was settled on April 28, 2015, for the payment of $650,000 without any admission of liability on the part of the defendant, 2015
- Represented paramedic with diabetes in ADA case against township fire department; jury awarded $233,500 in back wages and emotional distress damages, 2015
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, B.A. in English, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 1996
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Indiana Chapter, Board Member, 2006-2008
- Indianapolis Bar Association, 1996
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Member, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 1996
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Indiana Chapter, President, 2008-2010
- Indiana Supreme Court, 1996
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Indiana Chapter, 2010-2022
- Seventh Circuit Bar Association, 2014
Office location for Sandra L. Blevins
One Indiana Square
Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2023