J. Aaron Cooke
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Lafayette, IndianaCooke Law Firm
J. Aaron Cooke is the owner of the Cooke Law Firm, which is based in Lafayette, Indiana. Practicing law for more than 25 years, he represents clients in Lafayette, Indiana, and sometimes, throughout Indiana with personal injury matters such as auto accidents, trucking accidents, brain injuries, unsafe construction site accidents, brain and spinal cord injuries, and wrongful death.
Mr. Cooke is an empathic attorney who takes the time to listen to his clients and create personalized strategies for each of them. He knows the negative effects of being injured because of another party’s careless behavior and fights aggressively for justice and fair compensation for his clients. He uses his extensive experience and skill to advocate for those who have been harmed through no fault of their own or lost a loved one due to the negligence of someone else.
Graduating from Indiana University at Bloomington, Mr. Cooke received his bachelor’s degree in public and environmental affairs. He attended the Valparaiso University School of Law and earned his Juris Doctor in 1996. He is licensed to practice in Indiana and before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana.
Actively affiliated with prominent legal associations, Mr. Cooke is a member of the Tippecanoe County Bar Association, the Indiana State Bar Association, the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association’s Board of Directors, the American Association for Justice, the Brain Injury Association of Indiana and the National Registry of Who’s Who.
With a firm belief in giving back to his society, Mr. Cooke volunteers his time at the Indiana Soccer Coaches Association, the Greater Indiana Masters Swimming Association and the Past Collegiate Swimming Officials Association. He is the head coach for the West Lafayette Boys Soccer, a board of directors’ member of the Past United Way of Greater Lafayette, and president of Boilers FC.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Construction Litigation: Consumer
Animal Bites, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Construction Defects, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 90% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Construction Litigation: Consumer
First Admitted: 1997, Indiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.cookelaw.com/attorneys/j-aaron-cooke/
- Past TIPPCO SC VP and Current Vice President of Boilers FC
- Past Collegiate Swimming Officials Association
- Greater Indiana Masters Swimming Association
- Past NFF (Joe tiller Chapter) Board of Directors
- Indiana Soccer Coaches Association, 2015-present
- Head Coach West Lafayette Boys Soccer, 2015-present
- Past United Way of Greater Lafayette Board of Directors
- Youth Coach of soccer, basketball and baseball 2007-2019
- Indiana University – Bloomington, B.A., Political Science, Certificate of Studies in Public and Environmental affairs, 1993
- Indiana, 1997
- National Registry of Who’s Who
- Brain Injury Association of Indiana
- American Association for Justice (formerly Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, 2003-present, College of Fellows, 2013
- Indiana State Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
Office location for J. Aaron Cooke
331 Columbia Street
PO Box 188
Lafayette, IN 47902
- Super Lawyers: 2023 - 2024