Barry D. Rooth
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Merrillville, IN
Barry D. Rooth is a personal injury attorney and co-founder of Theodoros & Rooth, P.C., in Merrillville, Indiana. Mr. Rooth has three decades of legal experience and represents clients throughout Indiana. He handles all types of personal injury matters, with a particular focus on medical malpractice. During his time in practice, he has tried numerous cases before state, federal and appellate courts, achieving successful outcomes for injury victims.
Recognized by his colleagues for his accomplishments, Mr. Rooth holds an AV Preeminent* peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell and is listed in “The Best Lawyers in America.” Additionally, he has been featured in Best Lawyers for medical malpractice law each year since 2008.
Mr. Rooth belongs to the Lake County Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association for Justice. He is also a fellow in the Indiana State Bar Association.
Outside of the legal world, Mr. Rooth is passionate about serving his local community. He supports the National Multiple Sclerosis Society Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee chapter and is a director of Quantum Immunologic. He has held leadership roles in the Jewish Federation of Northwest Indiana and Congregation Beth Israel.
Mr. Rooth is a 1979 graduate of Indiana University Bloomington, where he received a bachelor’s degree. He earned his law degree from Valparaiso University Law School in 1982. He holds a license to practice law before all Indiana and Illinois state courts, as well as the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 80%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Dental Malpractice, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Informed Consent, Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Toxic Mold, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Defense
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022
About Barry D. Rooth
First Admitted: 1982, Indiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.trinjurylaw.com/our-team/staff-profiles/barry-d-...
Pro bono/Community Service
- Past president, Congregation Beth Israel, Munster
- Multiple Sclerosis Foundation, Indiana Chapter
- Past vice-president, Jewish Federation of Northwest Indiana
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Lifetime Achievement Seminar, May 9, 2014 in Indianapolis, Indiana
- , AV Preeminent, Martindale Hubbell, 2017 - Present
- Selected to Super Lawyers, 2006 - Present
- , Best Lawyers in America, 2017 - Present
- , Indiana Super Lawyer, 2006 - Present
- , Best Lawyer, Medical Malpractice, 2008 - Present
- , Top 50 Super Lawyers, 2014 - Present
- Indiana University at Bloomington- Undergraduate School, Bloomington, IN, Bachelor of Arts & Sciences, 1979
- Indiana, 1982
- American Association for Justice (formerly Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association, Fellow
- Lake County Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern/Southern Districts of Indiana, 1982
- Illinois, 1982
- American Association For Justice
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
Last Updated: 5/15/2022