Russell W. Brown, Jr.
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Merrillville, IndianaThe Region Lawyers, Inc.
Serving clients in the Gary metro, the Chicago metro and throughout Indiana from The Region Lawyers law office in Merrillville, Indiana, founding attorney Russell W. Brown Jr. focuses his practice on personal injury and criminal defense matters. He handles cases involving:
· Federal crimes
· Sex offenses
· Drug crimes
· Motor vehicle and trucking accidents
· Construction accidents
· Premises liability
· Animal bites
After graduating with a Bachelor of Science from Indiana University Bloomington, Mr. Brown went on to study at the Valparaiso University Law School in Valparaiso, Indiana. While there, he won a scholarship and was elected as president of the Sports and Entertainment Law Association. He was also a part of the Honors program and received his Juris Doctor magna cum laude in 2010.
Mr. Brown is licensed to practice in the state courts of Indiana and Illinois; he is also admitted before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, the United States Supreme Court and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
With more than a decade of legal experience, Mr. Brown has secured favorable outcomes for several clients charged with serious crimes such as fraud, theft, rape and murder. He also has extensive experience in criminal appeals and has helped many clients get a second chance at life with no criminal records by taking advantage of the recently introduced expungement laws. He is fluent in both Spanish and English and holds a “Good” rating on Avvo.
Active in the legal arena, Mr. Brown maintains memberships with the Indiana State Bar Association, the Lake County Bar Association, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Porter County Bar Association.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, Civil Rights, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Assault, Assault & Battery, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, DUI/DWI, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Police Misconduct, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sex Offenses, Slip and Fall, Theft, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 60% Criminal Defense
- 10% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10% Civil Rights
- 10% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2011, Indiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.theregionlawyers.com/attorney/brown-russell-w-jr...
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude from Valparaiso University School of Law, 2010
- Attended the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Forensic Science Seminar, 2023
- Attorney Brown was asked to present at the Porter County Bar Associations seminar. He presented on the topic of "False Confessions." , 2021
- Attended the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers midwinter seminar on "Eyewitness Identification" and "False Confessions.", 2020
- Attended the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers seminar on "Race Matters." , 2021
- Obtained a not guilty verdict for murder, client was convicted of lesser included offense of reckless homicide. , 2023
- Participated in oral arguments in front of the Indiana Supreme Court, 2023
- Obtained a not guilty verdict for reckless homicide after a jury trial., 2023
Office location for Russell W. Brown, Jr.
Merrillville, IN 46410
- Rising Stars: 2023 - 2024