Jon F. Schmoll
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Valparaiso, IN
Attorney Jon F. Schmoll serves as of counsel attorney for the Langer & Langer law firm in Valparaiso, Indiana. Having practiced law for the past 49 years, he has extensive experience in helping accident victims and their families secure their rightful compensation. Serving residents in Valparaiso and the surrounding areas as well as throughout Indiana, Mr. Schmoll represents clients who have legal needs related to the following:
· Personal injury
· Trucking accidents
· Uninsured and underinsured motorist claims
· Medical malpractice
A graduate of Indiana University, Mr. Schmoll attended Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1967. The Indiana State Bar Association admitted him to practice that same year, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Dedicated to his profession, Mr. Schmoll remains actively involved with many professional organizations. Along with being a member of the Indiana State Bar Association, he also serves as chairman of the Trial Lawyers Section. He is also a fellow with the Indiana Bar Foundation and the American College of Trial Lawyers. Having once served as president for the American Board of Trial Advocates, he now serves as advocate for the organization. He also holds memberships in a number of other legal associations, committees and councils.
With his in-depth knowledge of the law, Mr. Schmoll conducts lectures for the Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum and the American Board of Trial Advocates. In recognition of his service and his professionalism, he has received numerous awards and accolades, including an AV-Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Jon F. Schmoll
First Admitted: 1967
Professional Webpage: http://www.langerandlanger.com/attorney-profiles/jon-f-schmo...
- AV® Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Recognized as an Indiana Super Lawyers®, 2008 - 2016
- Recognized as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by National Trial Lawyers Association
Pro bono/Community Service
- Indiana Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Indiana University School of Law, Board of Visitors, Member
- Presenter at Continuing Legal Education programs in Indiana dealing with hospital liability and medical malpractice, trial techniques for medical malpractice cases, and uninsured and underinsured motorist cases
- Indiana State Bar Association (Past Chairman Trial Lawyer Section)
- American Bar Association
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association (Sustaining Member)
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- American Board of Trial Advocates (former President, Indiana Chapter)
- American Board of Trial Advocates (former National Board Member, Indiana)
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Advocate
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Former Member
- Merit Selection Committee for Magistrate Judges for the United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, Member
- Local Rules Committee for the United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, Member
- Indiana University, B.A.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022