Tara M. Worthley
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Valparaiso, IndianaLanger & Langer
Tara M. Worthley is an attorney with the Langer & Langer law firm in Valparaiso, Indiana. Serving residents throughout Indiana who need help securing compensation after an accident caused by someone else's negligence, she represents clients who have legal needs related to the following:
· Personal injury
· Medical malpractice
· Wrongful death
Ms. Worthley graduated from Indiana University in 2002 with a Bachelor of Science in public health. Afterwards, she attended Valparaiso University Law School, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 2005, receiving course honors in professional ethics and trial advocacy. The Indiana State Bar Association admitted her to practice that same year, and Ms. Worthley joined Langer & Langer, focusing exclusively on personal injury and medical malpractice cases.
A dedicated professional, Ms. Worthley remains actively involved in a number of professional organizations. In additional to serving on the board of directors for the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, she also serves as chair to that organization's Amicus Committee. She also holds memberships with the American Association for Justice and the Indianapolis Bar Association, among others.
Devoted to giving back to her community, Ms. Worthley volunteers with Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana, and she and her husband both volunteer for their community's Zionsville Lions Club. The couple also sponsored a young boy through their local Big Brothers Big Sisters chapter.
An accomplished speaker and author, she has lectured before various organizations and published articles on topics related to medical malpractice and tort law. As recognition for her professionalism and dedication to her practice, Ms. Worthley has received several awards and acknowledgements, including the 2010 Max Goodwin Young Lawyer of the Year award from the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Medical malpractice, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Personal injury - defense
- 50% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 50% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2005, Indiana
Professional Webpage: http://www.langerandlanger.com/attorney-profiles/tara-m-wort...
- American Bar Association, Member
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA), Executive Committee since 2019, Board of Directors, 2010
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Porter County Bar Association, Member
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA), Amicus Committee, Chair, 2015
- Indiana University, Bachelor of Science Degree in Public Health, 2002
- Indianapolis Bar Association’s Bar Leadership Series Class of XII, 2014-2015
- Appreciation Awards from ITLA for her volunteer efforts in authoring Amicus briefs on issues important to Indiana victims of medical negligence
- Gleaner’s Food Bank, ITLA’s Young Lawyers Section, Volunteer Efforts
- Served as the “Big Couple” through Big Brothers Big Sisters to an Indianapolis boy, 2009-2012
- , Northwest Indiana Influential Attorney of the Year, Northwest Indiana Influential Women Association, 2021
- Indiana Lawyer’s “Up and Coming Lawyers”, 2011
- “Max Goodwin Young Lawyer of the Year Award”, Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- “President’s Award”, Zionsville Lions Club
- Heavilin Elementary PTO President, 2021
- Zionsville Lions Club, Membership Director, 1st Vice President, 2nd Vice President
- EGGnormous Egg Hunt, Chair, 2011-2014
Office location for Tara M. Worthley
4 Indiana Ave
Valparaiso, IN 46383
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2017