Kristopher K. Madsen
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Council Bluffs, IA
Kristopher K. Madsen is a partner at Stuart Tinley Law Firm LLP. From the firm’s offices in Council Bluffs, Iowa, the city in which he was born and raised, he represents his individual and business clients throughout the western part of the state as well as in portions of neighboring Nebraska. Mr. Madsen has been admitted to practice before all Iowa state courts since 1989, and he has also been admitted to practice in Nebraska as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Iowa and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
A highly-regarded civil trial attorney, Mr. Madsen has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of lawsuits. In his personal injury and wrongful death litigation practice, he has assisted clients who have been harmed by the negligence of other parties in cases involving medical malpractice, defective products, and premises liability, and he has helped them receive significant compensation for their losses through both jury verdicts and negotiated settlements. Mr. Madsen has also handled employment law claims, representing people who have been the victims of wrongful termination or other acts of retaliation.
On the other side of the aisle, Mr. Madsen has defended insurance companies and their policy holders in lawsuits based on truck and other motor vehicle crashes as well as premises liability, and his defense clients have additionally included companies that are facing employment law violation allegations as well as police officers and other governmental employees in civil rights lawsuits. Mr. Madsen’s successful track record in all of his professional endeavors has earned him an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and an “Excellent” peer review rating through Avvo.
AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Kristopher K. Madsen
First Admitted: 1989, Iowa
Professional Webpage: https://www.stuarttinleylaw.com/attorneys/kristopher-k-madse...
Pro bono/Community Service
- Council Bluffs Parks Board
- Pottawattamie County Bar Association
- Judicial Nominating Commission, Fourth Judicial District of Iowa
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- The American College of Trial Lawyers
- Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Iowa Association for Justice
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers, Vice President/President Elect
- Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers, Board Member
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Northern Districts of Iowa and District of Nebraska
- U.S. Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Nebraska, 1996
- Iowa, 1990
- AV Preeminent rating in Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in the Omaha Metropolitan Area, Omaha Magazine
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- The Best Lawyers in America
- St Olaf College - B.A., Double Majors: English and Political Science, 1986
Last Updated: 4/12/2021