Melinda G. Young
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Hutchinson, KS
Selected to Rising Stars: 2012 - 2013
Attorney Melinda G. Young is a partner at Melinda Young Law, LLC, law firm, which has seven office locations across Kansas. Fighting for the rights and entitlements of clients throughout the state, Ms. Young has more than 14 years of total legal experience, and she devotes her practice to helping those who suffered a serious injury or lost a loved one due to the negligent, careless and unlawful actions of others.
Over the course of her legal career advocating on behalf of innocent accident victims and their families, Ms. Young has recovered many substantial settlements and verdicts for her plaintiff clients. A compassionate lawyer, she has always had a passion for standing up for those hurt by others and helping them achieve the justice they deserve. Honored for her impeccable professionalism and stellar client service, she has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from her peers along with Superb client ratings on Avvo.
After graduating from Friends University in 2003 with a Bachelor of Science in business management, Ms. Young attended Washburn University School of Law in Topeka, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 2006 and received the John F. Keuther Award for Outstanding Comment for her publication, "Discrimination for the Sake of the Children."
Ms. Young holds her license to practice in Kansas and Iowa. She is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court of Kansas and the Northern and Southern districts of Iowa as well as various other district courts across the country and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit.
Highly active in her legal community, Ms. Young is a member of the American Association for Justice, the Kansas Bar Association, the Reno County Bar Association and the National Trial Lawyers Association as well as the Kansas Women Attorneys Association.
- 100%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2013
About Melinda G. Young
First Admitted: 2006, Iowa
Professional Webpage: https://melindayounglaw.com/attorney-melinda-young/
- Editor for the Washburn Law Journal and a published author
- American Association for Justice
- Kansas Trial Lawyers Association
- Kansas Women Attorneys Association
- National Trial Lawyers Association
- Reno County Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- US District Court of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Iowa
- US District Court of Kansas
- Kansas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- John F. Keuther Award for Outstanding Law Journal Comment - Washburn University School of Law
- 10 Best Client Satisfaction Award - American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
Last Updated: 6/13/2022