H. Reed Walker is the founder of the Law Offices of Reed Walker, PA. Located in Overland Park, Kansas, he represents clients throughout the greater Kansas City metropolitan area. Admitted to practice in Kansas since 1977, Mr. Walker is also admitted to practice in Missouri as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 8th and 10th circuits and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Mr. Walker has a varied practice that encompasses family law, personal injury litigation and estate planning. Many of his clients are seeing their marriages come to an end, and he works with them in negotiating a comprehensive settlement agreement that covers child custody and visitation, the division of marital assets and debts, and spousal and child support. If and when those talks have broken down, however, Mr. Walker forcefully advocates on their behalf in family court.
In his personal injury practice, Mr. Walker represents people who have been harmed as the result of the negligence of other parties. His cases have arisen out of incidents involving premises liability and motor vehicle crashes, and he has been able to obtain significant compensation for his clients through both jury awards and negotiated settlements. Mr. Walker also helps people plan their estates by his preparation and review of wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts, advance medical directives, and financial and health care powers of attorney.
Highly regarded by his colleagues for his successful track record and the high quality of his work, Mr. Walker has received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 “Superb” peer review rating through Avvo. He attended Washburn University School of Law and served on the Washburn Law Journal before receiving his Juris Doctor in 1977. He is recognized in Best Lawyers in America and Best Law Firms in America, and is a member of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. He is a Master in the Johnson County Family Law American Inns of Court, and Chairperson of the Johnson County Family Law Advisory Committee Maintenance Subcommittee. He is a chapter author in the upcoming 4th Edition of the Kansas Bar Association Practitioner's Guide to Family Law. He has been recognized in Super Lawyers since 2014.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily Law, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Alimony & Spousal Support, Animal Bites, Child Support, Construction Accident, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 90% Family Law
- 10% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1977, Missouri
Professional Webpage: https://www.reed-walker.com/About/H-R-Walker.shtml
- Yearly Family Law Update including case law and legislative changes during the last year, and in 2019, a lengthy explanation of the Kansas Child Support Guidelines revisions effective January 1, 2020., Presenter, Family Law Updates, County Bar Association, Bar Association
- Editor-in-Chief, The Advocate, 1986
- B.S. Business Administration, William Jewell College, Liberty, Missouri (1974); J.D. with Dean's Honors, Washburn University School of Law (1977)
- County Bar Association, Grievance and Ethics Committee, (former Chairman and current member)
- Kansas Bar Association, (President, Litigation Section, 1999-2000)
- Kansas Trial Lawyers Association, (Member, Board of Governors, 1988)
- The Missouri Bar Association
- County Bar Association and Bar Foundation, (former President, Secretary and Treasurer)
- Admitted in Kansas 1977; Missouri 1995; U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri 1997; U.S. Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals 2000; U.S. Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals 1988; U.S. Supreme Court 1984. U.S. District Court District of Kansas, 1977
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2013 to present. , 2013
- Settled motorcycle-auto collision case for policy limits without a suit., 2020
- , Best Law Firms in America , Thompson-Reuters, 2022
- Best Lawyers in America 2018
- AV-Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Rated by Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers, 2014 - 2018
- Who’s Who in American Law
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Distinction Award and Client Champion Award. , Martindale Hubbell
- In addition to successfully concluding thousands of family law cases in courts throughout the greater Kansas city area, we have collected well over one million dollars in personal injury settlements for our clients, and have written briefs for, and participated in, numerous appeals in the Kansas state and federal courts, as well as Writs of Certiorari to the United States Supreme Court. Mr. Walker has achieved Martindale-Hubbell's highest peer review rating, "AV-Preeminent," which means judges and lawyers throughout the metro area know he meets very high criteria of general ethical standards and has the highest ratings in his legal knowledge, analytical capabilities, judgment, communication ability, and legal experience. He is also a member of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, the purpose of which is to encourage the study, improve the practice, elevate the standards, and advance the cause of matrimonial law. He is listed in Who's Who in American Law, Who's Who in America, Best Lawyers in America, Best Law Firms in America, and Best Family Lawyers, June 2020.
- Who’s Who in America
- I have represented this enterprise for over 44 years in the lease and purchase of cell towers and antennae., 2022
Office location for H. Reed Walker
Suite 115 | Cloverleaf Office Park Building 1
6811 Shawnee Mission Parkway
Mission, KS 66202
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2023